Orphek OR Series Light Bars

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone look into these LED lights or purchase them yet?

https://orphek.com/or-bar-led-light/

7a46ed740bb6329c278da52d1a342a1e.jpg

I like that you can select a variety of spectrums and mix and match, much like T5. The price and form factor are attractive too! They even come with hanging kits and mounting brackets. They seem like an affordable option for high quality and powerful lighting if controllability is not your priority. Just get a timer like a T5 fixture and away you go! Just raise or lower to adjust PAR.

I plan on getting one Reef Daylight for my 30cm deep and wide frag tank and they said one light should cover that and easily have enough PAR for SPS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a recent post on this about the new violet strip that they are releasing that I was really considering

I bet that Violet/UV Strip could add some serious POP to your coral’s fluorescence.

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just surprised these lights haven’t made more of an impact and aren’t getting much of a buzz given the price point and the modular/T5 bulb feel.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot. Now you got me thinking on that light again lol. I sent them an email yesterday. Very fast response and informative. They want tank specs to be sure and provide the right lens. Also asked if I just wanted pop or to add par. Something I never would have thought of...

Initially I was thinking just pop but if I can add par in the uv spectrum and run less white i think it would be great

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot. Now you got me thinking on that light again lol. I sent them an email yesterday. Very fast response and informative. They want tank specs to be sure and provide the right lens. Also asked if I just wanted pop or to add par. Something I never would have thought of...

Initially I was thinking just pop but if I can add par in the uv spectrum and run less white i think it would be great

Completely agree. Great communication and service. I placed my order today and I’m pretty excited! Off to look at corals at the LFS now... ha!

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price seems very reasonable and can't beat free shipping. Which did you get?

It’s just for a narrow and shallow frag tank I’m setting up so I got one OR60 in the 18k Reef Daylight.

$120 plus a timer for a solid full spectrum frag tank light that can grow SPS seems like a steal!

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just for a narrow and shallow frag tank I’m setting up so I got one OR60 in the 18k Reef Daylight.

$120 plus a timer for a solid full spectrum frag tank light that can grow SPS seems like a steal!
I am going to pull the trigger on the 120 uv. I'll use one of my many wemo plugs for a timer. I figure if I decide to go more demanding corals down the road I can always add another strip

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a photo that our client from the UK took with only OR 120 UV/Violet turned on.
Orphek_OR 120_UV_violet_2.JPG

In this photo you will see the blue channel of the Atlantik
actinic reef bar.jpg

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR 120 Reef Bar LED Light Blue Sky Spectrum
https://orphek.com/orphek-or-120-reef-bar-led-light-blue-sky-spectrum/

"Hi James, I received the lights yesterday and installed these today. Here is couple of pictures how they look on my tank.
I don’t know yet how the coral will response but aesthetically I really like when I have now more even spread with these lights.
Also I think now corals wont get shadowed as easily.
Will start by having the lights on maybe 2h every day and increasing the time in couple of week intervals.
Best regards, Miikka "
Orphek-Bar-Aquarium-LED-lighting.jpg

Bar-LED-aquarium-light-Orphek-OR-120.jpg

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a photo that our client took with only 1x OR 90 UV/Violet and 1x Orphek OR 90 Blue sky
is the right combination !
Orphek OR 90 UV-Violet.jpeg

elFloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two OR90s three months ago to supplement my T5s. Debated between these and ReefBrites... I made a good decision. Build quality and LED/Lenses are what you would expect from Orphek. Very happy with the price too.

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a photo that our client took with only 1x OR 90 UV/Violet and 1x Orphek OR 90 Blue sky
is the right combination !
Orphek OR 90 UV-Violet.jpeg

Awesome pictures!

Any pictures with the reef day light spectrum?

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks JaaxReef! This is the OR Reef Day Light - we asked for more pictures to see the light above the aquarium.

Bar lights on tank.jpg
20180512_155705.jpg

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these something that could be used as a stand alone light for a IM 20 Nano tank? the tank is 24 x 20 x12"

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these something that could be used as a stand alone light for a IM 20 Nano tank? the tank is 24 x 20 x12"
Yes The OR 60 Reef daylight
The Full Spectrum Day Light 18000K (380nm- 700nm ) is developed for both marine or reef aquariums, with SPS/ LPS or soft corals. Check out the graphs!

A7F508A9-7DCF-4CAA-929D-C7B8A56CE4E0.jpeg

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two OR90s three months ago to supplement my T5s. Debated between these and ReefBrites... I made a good decision. Build quality and LED/Lenses are what you would expect from Orphek. Very happy with the price too.
Good to hear. Placed an order for the OR 120 UV

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back