• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ya'll,

Looking to see what people think about mounting two Orpheks (OR3 35") on either side of the hydra 26's. I am not sure how much the light bars weigh, nor am i sure of how much the stock AI/RedSea mounts can hold.

I have no issues either making or 3d printing a mount for them, just trying to get a consensus from the community if this is possible.

(i have not ordered the Orpheks yet, but this would be a project if i do)

SamiTANKS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many total ai hydra mounts on the tank? I think each hydra 26 weighs 2.2 lbs, and the orphek bars weight 4.4 lbs each @ 35".

2 mounts, 2 hydras, 2 OR3s: 200% weight increase
3 mounts, 3 hydras, 2 OR3s: 133% weight increase
4 mounts, 4 hydras, 2 OR3s: 100% weight increase

I think if you have 3 or four mounts it will be good, assuming the more distally mounted or3 bar is placed really close to the hydras. Two mounts is kind of sketchy. It will probly hold, but any bump of those lights and you're in trouble.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
They’re decent mounts and should hold firmly

OP
OP
TheGerm

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many total ai hydra mounts on the tank? I think each hydra 26 weighs 2.2 lbs, and the orphek bars weight 4.4 lbs each @ 35".

2 mounts, 2 hydras, 2 OR3s: 200% weight increase
3 mounts, 3 hydras, 2 OR3s: 133% weight increase
4 mounts, 4 hydras, 2 OR3s: 100% weight increase

I think if you have 3 or four mounts it will be good, assuming the more distally mounted or3 bar is placed really close to the hydras. Two mounts is kind of sketchy. It will probly hold, but any bump of those lights and you're in trouble.

There are currently 2 hydra 26s mounted with the default "swing" arm (they and swing up to allow you "access the tank better"). Like these: https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/r...ounting-arm-for-24-27-wide-aquariums-red-sea/

They seem very sturdy, but at the same time i did not know 2 OR3s would be ~8-9lbs. That maybe an issue... hmm, maybe i could make a new/modify the current mounts to make them stronger.

idk... just got my PAR meter in and will be doing some testing. If i dont have enough (320+) i will need to add some light, but id like to keep it "stock" looking or as slim as possible.

OP
OP
TheGerm

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two OR3s. Each light bar itself weights 3lbs and the cabled power supply is another pound, but that would not be above the tank. In total, the amount of weight being added to 2 light arms is 6lbs (not 8-9 like originally thought).

I am going to do some manual testing and positioning, then work on a bracket. I will try to keep this updated with the result.

OP
OP
TheGerm

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 55 42.6%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.4%

Back