OP
J

Jackd1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 2 on a 4’ tank just because of radions specs on their website, struggled to hit 180 par, now can hit close to 300 10” under the waterline, so pretty happy with that overall par numbers jumped at least 35-40% at 100% so pretty satisfied with those numbers and color is much better

Mr bigolsworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 2 on a 4’ tank just because of radions specs on their website, struggled to hit 180 par, now can hit close to 300 10” under the waterline, so pretty happy with that overall par numbers jumped at least 35-40% at 100% so pretty satisfied with those numbers and color is much better
G5 or g6?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the lens angle on OR4’s? I see better spread in the notes and typically that means wider angle lens. Hopefully they are still designed to be mounted high vs most lights that are designed to mount 9” or less over the tank.

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need pics too. Is it the same for factor as the or3? Same mounting height requirements? I have an invoice from Orphek right now just waiting for me to pay but I still have questions.

OP
OP
J

Jackd1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this will help, the only dimmer is on the app. I did not find any physical dimmer for the lights.

Attachments

• IMG_1003.jpeg
    IMG_1003.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1001.jpeg
    IMG_1001.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 104

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. Upgraded LEDs: The new modern type LEDs are stronger and more durable, providing superior lighting performance. Each LED features a 6W dual chip mix color chip, offering a wider spectrum for better color rendition.

3. Dual Color LEDs: Orphek is the first company in the world to design each LED with two different LED nm colors. This revolutionary technology enhances the spectrum output, resulting in improved coral growth and coloration.
I'm trying to understand these two points. Is this essentially saying they are putting two different color diodes under each individual lens?

I'd like to see a layout. One of the issues I had with the OR3 bars is that I felt that the individual diodes could have been laid out better (i.e. distributed more evenly).

padilla95624

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a picture of the LED layout. Two diodes with slightly different color wavelengths are placed next to each other in the same lens. That and the reflectors around the LEDs should produce a better color blend.

I am in the process of ordering 3 OR4 150's and Osix controller along with an upgrade kit for a 4th OR3 to be converted to an OR4. This will go over a 6ft long 100 gallon tank. I am not sure if I will need to supplement these with the existing T5 lights or run them on their own.

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should take delivery of two OR4-90’s today let me know if you have questions about them. I purchased one Blue Plus and one Reef Day Plus to go over an Innovative Marine 40L. I’m going to take PAR measurements to see if I want a second Blue Plus to get SPS PAR levels but they recommended two for my purposes.

I was going to get one AI Grow and one AI glow but didn’t like a few things such as the cost, limited LED colors in the two lights, led glare and how low they have to be mounted which restricts tank access.

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you finding these?
I read this exact thread then emailed Orphek through their website to inquire about OR4’s. I emailed them my tank size and lighting goals and they emailed me back a recommendation, pricing etc. and aince they are not for sale on their website, they invoiced me through PayPal for the items.

padilla95624

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this exact thread then emailed Orphek through their website to inquire about OR4’s. I emailed them my tank size and lighting goals and they emailed me back a recommendation, pricing etc. and aince they are not for sale on their website, they invoiced me through PayPal for the items.
I e-mailed them regarding a warranty issue on an OR3 and they offered an upgrade kit and package deal for OR4's. Same story as seant2h above.

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine. I didn’t have time to play with them but here is the dual LED referenced

Attachments

• IMG_4725.jpeg
    IMG_4725.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4722.jpeg
    IMG_4722.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 45

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine. I didn’t have time to play with them but here is the dual LED referenced
Did you get an OSIx with them or just the normal power supplies. I’m trying to see if the normal power supplies have icon WiFi built into them.

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get an OSIx with them or just the normal power supplies. I’m trying to see if the normal power supplies have icon WiFi built into them
No OSIX, each bar has its own dimming power supply which connects to WiFi. To connect the bar/power supply to the app you have to hit the reset button next to the antennae 4 times for the app to find it.

Picture borrowed from Jackd1023

IMG_4735.jpeg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No OSIX, each bar has its own dimming power supply which connects to WiFi. To connect the bar/power supply to the app you have to hit the reset button next to the antennae 4 times for the app to find it.

Picture borrowed from Jackd1023

IMG_4735.jpeg
Do they then just show up in the Icon app and you can group them together.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back