Osmolator Nano stuck in on position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a ticket I just sent in to customer service, but wanted to see if anyone here has had this happen and had a fix at home. My osmolator nano 3152 has just started getting stuck in the on position. Unit is approximately 1.5 years old.

The last three days it has happened and luckily I was there to catch it, but I am going out of town soon for my honey moon and that happening in my small 42 gallon system without me around would be catastrophic. I have found that power cycling helps it reset itself, and I have taken the sensor out, cleaned and inspected it and there appears to be nothing wrong. Sensor is clean as a whistle. Anyone had this issue and have a fix that would help?

Thanks.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds as if you need a new one, if the chip has gone.
You can put it on an Amazon smart plug, then can either turn in on and off at will or use the timer function and have it come on a few times a day for 1min.

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds as if you need a new one, if the chip as gone.
You can put it on an Amazon smart plug, then can either turn in on and off at will or use the timer function and have it come on a few times a day for 1min.
Hm alright. Maybe this is my sign to upgrade to the more reliable larger model. Shame the nano is so iffy compared to that one. Should have just bit the bullet and got the larger one first.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm alright. Maybe this is my sign to upgrade to the more reliable larger model. Shame the nano is so iffy compared to that one. Should have just bit the bullet and got the larger one first.
I have the same nano one, wait and hear from them first as I believe they post on here, the bigger one can break just as easy, don’t think it’s a size thing.
TBF 1.5 years is a short time for it to fail. It also should be designed to fail in the off position not the on, does it cut off at all or runs till it runs out of water? I guess you haven’t waited to find out.

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same nano one, wait and hear from them first as I believe they post on here, the bigger one can break just as easy, don’t think it’s a size thing.
TBF 1.5 years is a short time for it to fail.
I think that's why I'm fairly frustrated. I'm pretty careful with it and clean it every couple of months to make sure its working well. Kinda frustrating. Heard back from customer service and am waiting to see what they say about my answers to their questions. Hopefully can resolve it soon.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it get stuck on the on position after you plug it in, and then keeps going until it runs out of water, or does it get stuck on the on position after it triggers the pump by low water level?

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it get stuck on the on position after you plug it in, and then keeps going until it runs out of water, or does it get stuck on the on position after it triggers the pump by low water level?
It's actually happened both ways before

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually happened both ways before
Does the nano version of the Osmolator come with a controller that allows you to adjust the flow rate by turning a knob on the controllers board?

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually had an issue with the large one getting stuck in the on position. I ended up figuring out that it was because I plugged it in while the high level sensor was being triggered.

Last edited:

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nano actually can be adjusted. There's a jumper inside the controller to adjust the flow.
Yeah I know that, didn’t think he was referring to that as swapping the jump switch wouldn’t help I would have thought. But yeah thinking about it he could have been meaning that.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I ask if you can adjust the flow rate on the controller is because I had this weird thing happen with my Osmolator recently where it would only kick on after I plugged it in. It would then go days without triggering the pump, unless I unplugged and plugged it back, despite the controller reading low water level even after cleaning the sensor.

What solved the issue, was opening the controller and changing the flow rate (from low to med) on the knob that's on the controllers board.

Doesn't make much sense, but it's worth a try.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back