Other Hobbies?

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It takes a special kind of person to keep a reef tank. I have noticed that if you have the inclination to keep reef tanks, you are likely to have other hobbies since it seems to fit the personality of reef keepers.

My other interests include AV (Home Theater), organic vegetable gardening, watch collecting, backpacking, mechanical keyboards and gaming.

What other hobbies do you guys have?

Last edited:

muzikalmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Music is my main other hobby and was my primary focus before I got into reefing about 6 months ago. I play guitar and sing in a couple of local bands and gig once or twice a month. It used to be a lot more frequent, but I've had to dial it back since I have a 9 month old now. I've found reefing to be more conducive to dad life and I've started gaming a bit more now as well. I used to be a hardcore competitive PC gamer in my younger days, but lost interest over the years.

Last edited:

dennism

View Badges
Reaction score
It takes a special kind of person to keep a reef tank. I have noticed that if you have the inclination to keep reef tanks, you are likely to have other hobbies since it seems to fit the personality of reef keepers.

My other interests include AV (Home Theater), organic vegetable gardening, watch collecting, backpacking, mechanical keyboards and gaming.

What other hobbies do you guys have?
Cycling

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Interesting topic! Scuba diving, and I go to Cancun/Akamul Mexico a few times a year and participate in the Mexican government Sea Turtle program collecting turtle eggs and several months later releasing the newly hatched turtles back into the ocean. Anything that has to do with the ocean. I guess both a hobby and a passion! Sorry got picture happy LOL! These pics are from this past Memorial day week. [emoji16]

JLUR_

View Badges
Reaction score
Another diver here. Working towards my PADI instructor cert currently. I blame scuba for getting me into reefing. After seeing so much vibrant life in the ocean I just had to bring a slice of it into my house.

I'm also a car guy. I just sold my ZL1 1LE Camaro so that I can start a Factory Five Type 65 Coupe R build this winter.

(Please send help! I need cheaper hobbies!)

https://www.omegasea.net/

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Interesting topic! Scuba diving, and I go to Cancun/Akamul Mexico a few times a year and participate in the Mexican government Sea Turtle program collecting turtle eggs and several months later releasing the newly hatched turtles back into the ocean. Anything that has to do with the ocean. I guess both a hobby and a passion! Sorry got picture happy LOL! These pics are from this past Memorial day week. [emoji16]
My wife and I were lucky enough to help hatch and release 100's of sea turtles on the south shore of Cozumel one year. It was an incredible experience!!! I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in sea turtles.

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Scuba, snorkling, golf, pickleball, bridge, chess, dancing, skiing, ultimate frisbee, running, working out, reefing. No wonder I am looking forward to retirement..I just don't have time for work any more.

P.S. I'm a politics junkie too, but let's not go there!

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My wife and I were lucky enough to help hatch and release 100's of sea turtles on the south shore of Cozumel one year. It was an incredible experience!!! I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in sea turtles.
Absolutely!!!! I also agree with the Scuba diving getting a person into reefing! After getting into the great hobby I even enjoy diving that much more.....if that is even possible! [emoji16]

How often do have to clean your aquarium glass?

• Every Day

Votes: 39 9.0%
  • A few Days a Week

Votes: 130 30.0%
  • A Couple Days a Week

Votes: 139 32.1%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 103 23.8%
  • Every 10 or so Days

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 18 4.2%