Other Hobbies?

JLUR_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely!!!! I also agree with the Scuba diving getting a person into reefing! After getting into the great hobby I even enjoy diving that much more.....if that is even possible! [emoji16]
Diving and reefing seem to go hand in hand. I dove a lot before getting into reefing and I really enjoyed it but now that I've had my tank up for a while I seem to notice and appreciate the more minute details on the reef. I took for granted to sheer size of some of the growth and the natural order of things. I was in Honduras last year and came across an expanse of grass eels as far as I could see in every direction. I could have sat there forever to appreciate it. I also had a 6 foot moray follow me along the reef and snag the critters that I stirred up. At one point he swam up to me and got tangled up in my hoses and I was sure that I was going to lose a finger getting him unstuck.

I like to adapt a quote by Edgar D. Mitchell:

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon(reef), international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out(seventy feet underwater) and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a *****.”

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can books be a hobby? I have WAY too many.

Camping, gaming, traveling, Yoga, dancing... collecting arts supplies. :D

I'd love to start diving.
What kind of gaming? I do some gaming myself. PS4

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of gaming? I do some gaming myself. PS4

Computer gaming... Massive wow nut. It's been nearly 20 years that I've been playing. :D

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me feel old that I remember it coming out when I was in college. Leeeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!
Lol.... I think it came out my senior year of high school. I also had the battle chest from before it was "world of"... :) I did chuckle when I started to do the math and was like... dang I'm old.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Computer gaming... Massive wow nut. It's been nearly 20 years that I've been playing. :D
No way!! That’s awesome! I played prob 8+ hours a day Vanilla-cata, such good memories. That game was/is great.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way!! That’s awesome! I played prob 8+ hours a day Vanilla-cata, such good memories. That game was/is great.

Hahah. Here’s some of my nerd showing.
9E28A8CD-88CD-4097-A6E7-C0EAD56C66AC.jpeg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diving and reefing seem to go hand in hand. I dove a lot before getting into reefing and I really enjoyed it but now that I've had my tank up for a while I seem to notice and appreciate the more minute details on the reef. I took for granted to sheer size of some of the growth and the natural order of things. I was in Honduras last year and came across an expanse of grass eels as far as I could see in every direction. I could have sat there forever to appreciate it. I also had a 6 foot moray follow me along the reef and snag the critters that I stirred up. At one point he swam up to me and got tangled up in my hoses and I was sure that I was going to lose a finger getting him unstuck.

I like to adapt a quote by Edgar D. Mitchell:

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon(reef), international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out(seventy feet underwater) and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a *****.”
I agree 100%! I appreciate my reef tank, and my little ecosystem so much more, and fragile life that lives in it!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back