Ouch...there goes my Kessil A160WE

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian Kim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sorry to hear about your light. What exactly was the issue with the mounting system? Even with the spacer it wasn't secure enough on your tank? What is the thickness of your tank walls? I've mounted my kessil all types of ways and with the spacer and 2 thumb screws I always felt it was very secure. I would like to know what happened with yours though so I can double check mine to make sure it's not an accident waiting to happen.
I had it mounted on the right corner since my skimmer is taking the center space of my chamber, after bending the gooseneck quite a bit it, one side of the base slid up and caused it to drop inside my tank
 
Update:
Light is back to normal and I am now able to control both intensity and color spectrum, having it on for 8 hours a day for 2 days (so far) did the trick to dry out all the internal parts.
Kessil was kind to offer me, a one time, replacement for a lot less than their retail suggested price. I asked them if they could extend their courtesy and allow me to get an A360WE instead and after waiting for a day, received a confirmation email from them and now my new A360 is on its way.
Thanks Kessil support team/Tiffany from Washington, CA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new