Our 300 gallon in wall

I crashed it. My wife and I went out of town for a week, and we came home to a dead tank. The fish survived. I did a quick water change before we left for the airport, and left the drain open in the sump (I have the tank plumbed to do water changes just by turning valves). Water slowly drained, and the tank toped off with freshwater for 5 days. Salinity went from 1.025 to 1.010. One of the worst days of my life!!! This was in August. I recently cleaned out the fish room and got the tank running again. It will be a fish only until we can afford LEDs. Can't afford the electric bill with MH and a 1hp chiller.
 
I crashed it. My wife and I went out of town for a week, and we came home to a dead tank. The fish survived. I did a quick water change before we left for the airport, and left the drain open in the sump (I have the tank plumbed to do water changes just by turning valves). Water slowly drained, and the tank toped off with freshwater for 5 days. Salinity went from 1.025 to 1.010. One of the worst days of my life!!! This was in August. I recently cleaned out the fish room and got the tank running again. It will be a fish only until we can afford LEDs. Can't afford the electric bill with MH and a 1hp chiller.

Oh no....

I did the same thing about three years back, which triggered my year and a half break from the hobby. Left the RO unit on, and filled the sump up with pure RO. Worst part was, I didn't have any salt on hand to fix it. I ended up posting on my local forum to just come get it for free, as I would rather seen the coral/fish live in another tank than just die in mine. I literally gave away $4 grand worth of livestock.
 
i am absolutely digging your tank. not even whats inside of it just the placement that is awesome how you have like the little bar kind of like a restuarant type scene thats awesome.

Now for the inhabitants arggg i hate you you have a black tang. By far my most favorite tang they are truly aweseom Your corals look to be doing good. I am really digging this tank awesome set up keep it going.
 
I crashed it. My wife and I went out of town for a week, and we came home to a dead tank. The fish survived. I did a quick water change before we left for the airport, and left the drain open in the sump (I have the tank plumbed to do water changes just by turning valves). Water slowly drained, and the tank toped off with freshwater for 5 days. Salinity went from 1.025 to 1.010. One of the worst days of my life!!! This was in August. I recently cleaned out the fish room and got the tank running again. It will be a fish only until we can afford LEDs. Can't afford the electric bill with MH and a 1hp chiller.

Yea living in LA the bill must be pretty high youll save a ton on leds, and im truely sorry for your lose.
 
Awesome tank. I love the fact that you can see a side view of the tank from the other room. Hopefully one day I will be able to have a tank in a wall. That is my goal.
 
that is very nice looking im really jealous, the variaty of colors is outstanding, looks like my daughter had her neon paints and was painting in your tank
 
Man sorry to hear about the loss you all had. This hobby truly is ups and downs.
 
OMG i'm so sorry to hear that. My jaw dropped twice in this thread. once when I saw all the pictures and then when I read it crashed :( :( very sad. but easily my favorite tank i've ever seen. love the picture frame in the wall!
 
Thanks everyone. Hopefully it will be a beautiful reef again one day, but for now I'll just enjoy some fish I can't normally have with the reef. Fish in the tank now are: Yellow Belly Hippo, Magnificent Foxface, Regal Angel, Pearlscale Butterfly, Queen Angel, two Pink/Blue Spot Gobies, and a Diamond Goby. Fish to add: Clown Trigger, Golden Butterfly (Red Sea), Scribbled Angel, Goldflake Angel, and I think that is it.
 
dang!!! I'm so so sorry to hear this. :(

I'm glad you kept the tank going even if it's a fish only. good luck with the rebuild.
 
Thanks everyone. Hopefully it will be a beautiful reef again one day, but for now I'll just enjoy some fish I can't normally have with the reef. Fish in the tank now are: Yellow Belly Hippo, Magnificent Foxface, Regal Angel, Pearlscale Butterfly, Queen Angel, two Pink/Blue Spot Gobies, and a Diamond Goby. Fish to add: Clown Trigger, Golden Butterfly (Red Sea), Scribbled Angel, Goldflake Angel, and I think that is it.

Yeah, I'd say fill that sucker up with fish you normally can't enjoy in the reef. haha. Thats exactly what I would do.
 
Are there any updates on this Tank? I was reading through it and almost cried when it crashed. Would love to know what happened and how its doing...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new