Our Mini Zoa Research Tank: 6.6g Fluval Chi Nano Reef

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank and glad to have you guys in the contest! Looking forward to following your progress...

-M&T

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The toadstool has been in the process of splitting. Today I looked at the tank, and it has finally split into 2 heads! it looks awesome! little scout is so happy!

So, I was thinking. Do you guys think you spend less time looking at your tank in the summer? There is a local fish guy in Kent who orders absolutely nothing in the summer because he says his stock doesn't move in the summer. I have noticed that I am running everywhere and hanging out with everyone this summer, but it may just be because I am actually home for the summer and we have wheels. I know last summer, all I did was stare at my tank and constantly move things around and buy new junk lol!

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also realized mid way through the competition, I have to move my tank across the state to go to school again. This is going to be fun! lol I may ave moved tanks more times than I can count! hahaha!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also realized mid way through the competition, I have to move my tank across the state to go to school again. This is going to be fun! lol I may ave moved tanks more times than I can count! hahaha!

LOL and hope the move goes smoothly.

And btw, the little nano is looking great!

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

We are moving out of our apartment, so that looks like 2 moves for this little tank during the competition!

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the move! Everything is very happy! Look how much it has grown!!!
image.jpg

image.jpg

The new la laker zoa we got for 20 bucks at the Lfs!
image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha sorry, I guess the iPhone uploads everything sideways. Any idea how to fix that? Only my second time using it to post.
image.jpg

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tad bit of an aptaisia problem. I bought a peppermint shrimp a week ago or so, but it hasn't made any noticeable dent. I realize these things take te. The largest one is smaller than an inch tall, and I have heard the shrimp like them small. Any idea how to encourage him to eat them or other methods I can use? I have tried CaOH, lemon juice injections, picking them off, and now the shrimp. I do my best to isolate them and remove all the pieces so none spread but I seem to be failing!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is coming along nicely!

I have a tad bit of an aptaisia problem. I bought a peppermint shrimp a week ago or so, but it hasn't made any noticeable dent. I realize these things take te. The largest one is smaller than an inch tall, and I have heard the shrimp like them small. Any idea how to encourage him to eat them or other methods I can use? I have tried CaOH, lemon juice injections, picking them off, and now the shrimp. I do my best to isolate them and remove all the pieces so none spread but I seem to be failing!

Kalk paste works well for us. We get best results with a direct hit in the mouth and when it closes up cover the area with the paste and let it harden. The peppermints are hit and miss, so it may take trying a few to find the one's that will take to it.

OP
OP
G

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you! I have tried the paste, seems like maybe little pieces get out somewhere. Every time I kill them, more pop up!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back