Our New RO/DI unit on its way

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok all ,this has to b my last post for the day but am really excited about our new peice of equipment n really wanted to share.For the longest we didnt have an ro/di unit and w so many questions about probs,installation, and all other related issues I wanted a turn-key piece. We found the Revolution to easily use and it had great revues here so bought one 2 years ago. During which time I found out We (humans) shouldnt consume /DI water but messing w/ it didnt fall into my plans. Only paid 150. for it . It got to where tds were beginning to show so needed to replace cartridges, but rather than do that I checked on the good folks that bought out the REVOLUTION. They are MYAQUAFILTER.com. I explained I wanted another RO/DI unit but one that I could switch between RO and RO/DI so wed have every base covered. Not only were they accommodating but they charged us 1.00 less, custom made it for us n have completed it in 4 days. It is now on its way. As weve already used one for 2 years we can give it a two thumbs up for performance, the only hook-up is to your kitchen faucet so its simple to use and we were tds free for almost 2 years.i thought that was good but wed never had one due to fear of cost, installition and frequency of changing cartridges, plus upon finding out we couldnt use the water I knew I would want what is now coming, but definately expected to pay more.If you dont have an ro/di set-up n have had our fears 150.00 shipping included (no tax in N.M.) your set now. I paid 3x that for circulation, pay at least that for your tanks water.Happy reefing All

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good to know at least what you are starting out with, the water, is good quality.

I think a lot of people don't know you are not meant to drink RODI water, I've mentioned it a couple of times and just got blank looks, glad you mentioned it too.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good to know at least what you are starting out with, the water, is good quality.

I think a lot of people don't know you are not meant to drink RODI water, I've mentioned it a couple of times and just got blank looks, glad you mentioned it too.
yep, I once a blank face guy but as my family was being fed it by me thought Id better find out what the deal was n it didnt sound good to me. Stripping the body of needed vitamins and other nutrients just sounded bad. No wonder fish have no body fat.lol. Not to mention the amount of cash we r willing to spend on cool stuff I figured this would b pretty cool especially since I can switch between the two at no additional cost r hassle. Keep telling folks though as you do get thru sometimes. Im proof.lol

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep, I once a blank face guy but as my family was being fed it by me thought Id better find out what the deal was n it didnt sound good to me. Stripping the body of needed vitamins and other nutrients just sounded bad. No wonder fish have no body fat.lol. Not to mention the amount of cash we r willing to spend on cool stuff I figured this would b pretty cool especially since I can switch between the two at no additional cost r hassle. Keep telling folks though as you do get thru sometimes. Im proof.lol

also a lot of RODI systems are not food safe, my last carbon filter came with a cancer warning on it, was a bit shocked to see that but I remember reading that some states in the USA put that label on most things?but even so you would need to use food safe carbon with a very low micron rating and resin etc to be fully foodsafe, rather than some lower grade systems we use for marine tanks.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I might be doing it wrong but I will ask, So I have a Ro/DI but when I want to make drinking water I reroute the tubing that goes into the DI chamber and I put that in the water container, this is a Speactrpure unit. Does this sounds OK

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I might be doing it wrong but I will ask, So I have a Ro/DI but when I want to make drinking water I reroute the tubing that goes into the DI chamber and I put that in the water container, this is a Speactrpure unit. Does this sounds OK

is it designed to be a drinking water system?

The average marine RODI system is not drinking water safe, so unless your's clearly is marked for drinking water I wouldn't be drinking it.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is the correct way to do it.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also a lot of RODI systems are not food safe, my last carbon filter came with a cancer warning on it, was a bit shocked to see that but I remember reading that some states in the USA put that label on most things?but even so you would need to use food safe carbon with a very low micron rating and resin etc to be fully foodsafe, rather than some lower grade systems we use for marine tanks.
that is completely news to me.I thank you very kindly for that info. n will b watching for it in my future buys. And with any luck folks who need this info can get it here now youve mentioned it. I needed to know that as I never had and my concern is my klan. That should b a little more outspoken info. Im hoping as I told the sales guy my intentions ours Will b food safe but you can bet from now on I look fot that warning. Much appreciation my friend. Have a great day n Happy Reefing

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back