Out of nowhere!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience after a anemone was shredded in a power head

The water went very cloudy and sadly the only fish to survive were the clown fish . And surprisingly foxface rabbit fish .
That being said .
a bacterial bloom can also cause the water to go cloudy and the key is to provide tons of oxygen as the bacteria is essentially suffocating the fish

a large water change is in order to save what livestock is still alive .

run the skimmer , carbon

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience after a anemone was shredded in a power head

The water went very cloudy and sadly the only fish to survive were the clown fish . And surprisingly foxface rabbit fish .
That being said .
a bacterial bloom can also cause the water to go cloudy and the key is to provide tons of oxygen as the bacteria is essentially suffocating the fish

a large water change is in order to save what livestock is still alive .

run the skimmer , carbon
Wish I had a skimmer…
as for the water it was cloudy right before the incident with the nem… so I know it does have to do with a bacterial bloom.
The only 2 fish I have in there are a foxface and fire fish goby. And they are still doing fine.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you can't compare is how bad today might have looked without that water change. I'd make more water and plan another change until you get the anemone problem cleared up with charcoal &/or chemipure blue used.

I don't see any harm in your MicroBacter 7, but recent post says company recommended MicroBacter Clean... First see how the charcoal and chemipure blue go because maybe you don't want to start down the MicroBacter (either type) path
So what I ordered might not even help me?

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started microbacter7 and am now seeing a bit of the back and forth with the cyano. One day it’s pretty bad and the next day it isn’t. It has cleared up the rocks and sand is getting better. Started 4 days ago…
But the bacteria bloom is at a peak! The microbacter7 isn’t even touching it… I am going to do another 30 gallon water change but I’m starting to just get frustrated and am wondering if I should just do a hard restart… I have to move 2 hours away in the next 40 or so days.
Should I just stop the cycle and restart it when I get to Phoenix? Dry out the rock/sand? Get rid of the 2 fish and 2 BTA’s I have?

here are some updated pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back