• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Over flow to loud

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey reefers I have a Aqua Japan custom 230gal I’m having a problem with the overflow being to loud like the holes are not big enough. It’s just like the sc aquarium I’ll post a picture of overflow and try to upload a video if I can

CE1B0832-7387-4EDC-B8DC-2DD7703CE5C1.jpeg

Attachments

Top Shelf Aquatics

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Can't see the video but my guess is you're getting crashing and so need to run pipe in your box at a higher level. What are you running, Herbie, durso or bean animal?

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Yup crashing. Then you'll need to get a longer pipe in your overflow box. How big is this tank? I personally would be petrified running a single overflow pipe.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
It's a 230 gallon tank with what looks like a 3/4 inch drain? Wow! Okay you're not going to get the turnover you need from that single drain. Me personally I would drain and get someone to drill some larger bulkhead holes. At least 2 one inch bulkheaads, but preferably larger. You'll thank me if you ever need that emergency.

Do you have a iPad or similar type screen mounted somewhere near your tank for control or display?

• YES

Votes: 109 26.4%
  • NO

Votes: 289 70.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors