Over The Edge metal stands

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with this company? You can buy other fully welded stands and also a breakdown version that you can put together. Obviously the breakdown version would be alot better for shipping. They cost around $400 shipped for a breakdown stand that would fit a standard 180 gallon. I asked about a center vertical brace and they said glass tanks are designed so they are supported on the corners.

Here is a breakdown stand picture

AYedjh0.jpg

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked into the extruded aluminum frames very light,very strong and easy to assemble.
Nitro

Iballhog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of that company before and believe they've been in business a while. They are 30 mins from my house. I believe they also make and sell the black trim to aquarium builders.
You could also call up any local fabrication / welding shop they could easily make a metal stand. I'm in the process of building a aluminum extruded stand. Sweet looking, but holy cow the cost is just creeping out of control. If I was todo it again I probably would have had a local fab shop make me a metal stand and had it powder coated. I'm building the aluminum stand for a 4ft x 2ft tank I'm way, way, passed the 400 mark.

Reefercorey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to get a stand from them for my 50 gallon. Its the zoomed lowboy so its 48x24 for under $200 shipped! All the wooden ones I've seen for that size are $500 up to easily over $1,000 so iron stand it is

OP
OP
11f150

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to get a stand from them for my 50 gallon. Its the zoomed lowboy so its 48x24 for under $200 shipped! All the wooden ones I've seen for that size are $500 up to easily over $1,000 so iron stand it is

Yeah I want a metal stand because I prefer that look better but its hard to find someone that will make one locally. They can make the welded stands but its $500 to get it shipped.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back