OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas Holiday!! Santa found our family, and once again spoiled my children! During the Xmas break, I picked up a new toy also....

dji.jpg

Also, completed the "Tech box" and will begin installing the Apex. Should have the Elos System online soon and hopefully this will help with stability as temp, top off, and automatic water changes will all be controlled by the Apex. Here is a shot of how it came out.
Photos.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...completing the Apex wiring is going to have to be a 2 night process. Tonight, all modules and power blocks have all been mounted. Apex Fusion is online and will begin the programming tomorrow.

fullsizeoutput_313.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_314.jpeg

IMG_2212.JPG

fullsizeoutput_312.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_311.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While i am finishing up some of the wiring and plumbing, here are some shots of the display! Getting everything finished under the stand takes longer than expected with a 3 and 4 year old that are quick to give me a hand!
default_smile.png

BortElos 12:30-1.jpg

BortElos120 12:30-2.jpg

BortElos 12:30-3.jpg

BortElos 12:30-4.jpg

BortElos 12:30-5.jpg

BortElos 12:30-6.jpg

BortElos 12:30-7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kids love to "help". Mine used to "help" with water changes when they were little too. That time goes so fast.

I do appreciate their interest in the reef! Love watching them get excited to point out the fish by name and listen to them tell me which coral is their favorite!

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made a bit more progress on the tank. The Apex install is almost complete. All probes, modules, ATO, and probes are programmed and calibrated. I got the Avast kalk reactor connected to the ATO, ATO tank filled and tested, and the finishing touches minus the cabinet slide for the "Tech Box" finished up. The Apex head unit has been mounted via Velcro, and next I will mount the MP40Wqd controllers directly below it.

BortElos120_1:4 3.jpg

BortElos120_1:4.jpg

BortElos120_1:4 2.jpg

This set up has been slowed down a bit for a very good reason! My wife and I welcomed our 4th child into the world a few weeks ago. Reef2Reef, meet little Linkin Scott!!

Linkin 1.jpg

Linkin 2.jpg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures of some of the new inhabitants. Picked up a Vlamingi Tang, Sailfin Tang, Pinktail Trigger, Premium Platinum/Premium Snow Flake Pair, a Rainbow Bubble Tip and a few new corals.

Wish i could capture the colors of this Rainbow Bubble Tip better. I completely understand now, why they label it as a "rainbow". I've always seen pictures of them and was never impressed, but this one has a ton of colors and has Hot Pink tips! Very very stunning in person! Hopefully it will split numerous times in the near future!
BortElos 1:11 4.jpg

First SPS to enter the tank. Small colony that glows when the Blues and UV lights are on! I have only had short term success with SPS due to my personal life being busy and having inconsistent water parameters. Now that I am using the Apex, ATO and a skimmer that will continue to perform it's job, I am ready to try it again!
BortElos 1:11 1.jpg

The Vlamingi Tang is stunning! My kids call her "sparkles" :) as her blue spots really pop under the Blues and UV LEDs. She has a lot of personality, and follows the Sailfin Tang around the tank all day!
vlamingi 1.jpg

The Sailfin tang is already the boss of the tank. She has drastically changed the tank! With all of the rock work, there are tons of hiding places, and the down side is, many of the fish don't come out unless it's feeding time. Now that she has taken up residence, she is out constantly begging for food and draws out the others!
BortElos 1:11 2.jpg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to get a few more pics while the lights were still on...

The Orange Line Trigger is pretty shy. He is also pretty small, which makes him a bit nervous around the others. This picture is horrible, but I had to be quick! :)
Orange Line Trigger.jpg

The darn clowns have yet to leave the top corner of the tank. I actually moved the Rainbow Bubble Tip all the way up close by hoping they would eventually host it, and then i could move it down lower to draw them out of their corner. So far no such luck! These were the best shots that came out, the last picture is from the seller.
Clowns 2.jpg

clowns.jpg

IMG_2872 2.jpg

And lastly, since the Rainbow Bubble Tip is now moved up higher and closer to the glass, I was able to get a few decent shots with the flash to try to capture some of the colors better.
Rainbow Bubble Tip.jpg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few shots from tonight. Pulled out the Nikon and captured some better pics :)

1516169083913.JPEG

1516170087380.JPEG

1516165080489.JPEG

1516165140079.JPEG

And 1 quick shot of my "3 year-old non-photogenic" helper "Phoenix" :p
DSC_0365.JPG

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a bit more progress inside the cabinet tonight! Finished hard plumbing the drain lines, and added 1 of 2 Avast media reactors. Now to clean up all of the tubing, drill the sump for a couple bulkheads for the return tubing, finish the "tech enclosure", mount the QD controllers, and finish cleaning up the cabinet LEDs.......oh and empty the darn skimmer cup.... :) The Avast neck cleaner and waste collector are on the list of items still to order. I plan to upgrade my skimmer to a SKIMZ to match the system, just haven't decided on which model.

fullsizeoutput_32c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_32b.jpeg

IMG_2444.JPG

IMG_9535.JPG

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a bit of trading this weekend with some extra equipment....I traded an extra MP40wES for 41 Frags including a Walt Disney Acro. Got everything home and go figure, the only frag that did not travel well was the Walt Disney Acro.....:mad:

Here are some shots of the various items. Basically, he had about 28 Zoas that I didn't currently have, so we fragged and glued all of them. Then he also threw in 13 various SPS frags as well.

Here is 1 of 3 frag racks of zoas, with a Vamp morph in the center.
DSC_0375.JPG

Here is the other 2 frag racks of zoas. 75% of them were open today. Hopefully the rest open in the next few days.
DSC_0381.JPG

Some of the SPS
DSC_0399.JPG

IMG_9319.JPG

Not sure what this HOT Pink Cap is called, but loving the bright Yellow polyps! Amazing color combination! Not sure what the green SPS next to it is either. Has the coloration of a green slimmer, but not the same structure.
SPS 1:29 a.jpg

The very top right is the WD Acro I believe. It had some light colored polyps that were showing un the side closest to the frag disk, but it looks as though most of the skin is gone from the skeleton... :(
IMG_5252.JPG

Not exactly sure the name on the center plug, but i am leaning towards a Red Planet. It is green/dark pink with darker polyps.
IMG_8014.JPG

DSC_0400.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more.....
fullsizeoutput_339.jpeg

IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_6839.JPG
IMG_6588.JPG

Also, picked up a deal on some dry rock for a future project. Could pass up 4 buckets of rock for $40.00!

fullsizeoutput_330.jpeg

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_8507.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

fullsizeoutput_33b.jpeg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The left side of my tank has now become my zoa garden. 60+ zoa frags scattered throughout with lots of room to hopefully cover all of this area with bright colored zoas!
fullsizeoutput_33e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_33d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_33c.jpeg

Sully32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll be tagging along to watch how the zoa garden progresses. I love how no two look the same with each one having it's own growth and pattern.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back