OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across a deal too good to pass up. Local reefer was getting out of the hobby and decided to sell off his Elos 120 setup along with tons of equipment including 2 MP40qd brand new units all for a low low price of cheap. So with that, my hoard of tanks grew by 1 more!

fullsizeoutput_305.jpeg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****UPDATE****

I've been researching the equipment to take the Elos 120 "Over the Edge" and have decided on going with SKIMZ products. Their equipment fits all of the criteria I am looking for this build. Very high quality, solid construction, amazing performance and clean clear/white color scheme. The inside of the of the ELOS Stands are white and I want to try to keep this theme going.

Started with the piece that I felt was the most important. The sump! I went with the SKIMS SUMPRO UP39 SUMP. The sump measures 40"x15"x15" and has I believe all the important chambers or sections that I was looking for.

IMG_3091.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More shots of the SKIMS SUMPRO UP39 Sump....

40" X 15" X 15" will fit the stand perfectly!
fullsizeoutput_30d.jpeg

Tons of room with all the chambers needed!
fullsizeoutput_30e.jpeg

ATO and Sock Filter chamber lids keeps for a very clean appearance!
IMG_4651.JPG

3 Gallon ATO and a sock filter chamber that holds 3 4" socks. 2 Main socks and 1 emergency back up.
IMG_8280.JPG

Beautiful design!
IMG_0820.JPG

Built in probe holders!
IMG_2440.JPG

Built in dosing tube holders!
IMG_2003.JPG

Lastly a pretty cool feature that allows you to adjust the level in your sump!
IMG_2004.JPG

Overall great construction, very nice innovative design, and beautiful aesthetics! Will give more feedback once it's installed and everything is up and running.

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally a couple shots of the scare I had when picking up the package from the Post Office. The box was literally 42" x 17" x 17" for a sump that measures

40" x 15" x 15". I thought for sure there would be damaged edges or cracks when i unpacked the box. Right off the bat i had noticed a few punctures in the box that also had me worried. The only damage to the sump was a small scuff mark where something had pierced the box and made tiny (smaller than a dime) mark on the front of it.

The box and packaging with the noted pierce.
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

And the small mark that was made. Hardly noticeable luckily.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update:

Have yet to install the new sump, but I did get new lights and picked up some Zoa and Chalice frags!
5308E861-8FC7-4903-876A-25D4F3992B3E.jpeg
CE174C5A-BBEB-4089-9B1D-1EB1E7921E17.jpeg
0733819C-6119-4678-B30A-D28A6BBD3948.jpeg
7B248639-AA42-49F7-AF74-BFCFC26812A9.jpeg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some time to spend on installing the new Sump! I have put it off for long enough, and the old sump will have a new home tomorrow.

Plumbing is something I don’t mind doing, but it’s definitely something that takes a bit of planning and I don’t want to rush.

Out with the old and in with the new!

The old sump actually fit between the two supports on a false wall. The new sump is about 1” wider front to back thank the old sump and doesn’t fit, so I will be adding supports to make it fit.

The new SKIMZ SUMPRO UP39 is in and it fits!

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some Air Plants to the exposed rock work peaks. Think I'm going to add some more in the future!

Elos2.jpg

Elos1.jpg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at it again last night..... Planned on finishing up all the plumbing for the drains and return, but quickly realized i was missing an important 1 1/4" Union for the drain, so I had to move on to the next project.

Elos 12:23 C.jpg

With this system, I will be running the Apex Neptunes Controller in order to have access via mobile, tablet, and my laptop from wherever I am. I absolutely love tech especially if it makes my life easier and more enjoyable. The problem with tech, is where do you put it? I decided to utilize this excess area of the stand:

Elos 12:23 A.jpg

I chose to mock up my idea in cardboard first:

Elos 12:23 B.jpg

IMG_0523.JPG

This will be an enclosure that when in the "closed position", will simply serve as a control panel and only visible equipment will be the Apex Display and Ecotech controllers located on the front side panel. Inside the enclosure will be the power bricks, wires, ballasts, and wiring for all electronics. The enclosure will sit on a cabinet slide rail and will be able to pull completely forward and opened when needed.

IMG_4778.JPG

Hope to have the plumbing, tech enclosure, and Apex setup completely finished in the next couple of days! Will update with pics soon!

Elos 12:23 D.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man somewhere back there I lost you but glad I was able to stumble into you again. That 10' tank is something else... what are you going to stock it with? I saw an Elos at a local frag swap and LOVED it. It was THE CLEANEST built tank I've ever seen. Beats the Red Sea Reefer tanks hands down. I just with the stands came in black in the states.

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man somewhere back there I lost you but glad I was able to stumble into you again. That 10' tank is something else... what are you going to stock it with? I saw an Elos at a local frag swap and LOVED it. It was THE CLEANEST built tank I've ever seen. Beats the Red Sea Reefer tanks hands down. I just with the stands came in black in the states.

Lol, I think I lost more than just you. The thread read in order makes absolutely no sense, but once I have the Elos completed I will shift back to one of the others and get back on track!

I do agree in regards to Elos tanks! This is my second Elos and if/when I do upgrade again, it will be the 160XL or larger for sure!

The 10’ tank is going to be a really fun set up! Problem is, the spot it will occupy currently has an ugly fireplace in its way. So that one is going to come after that is removed.

Back