Overflow box for 75

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
12,807
Reaction score
3,714
Location
Wandering somewhere in NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which overflow box would you recommend for a 75 gallon tank? The sump will be around 20-30 gallons.
 
Here is the overflow box

1447721405769.jpg
 
Glass-Holes 700 gph kit....includes the drill bit. You can get the blemished kit for $69 or regular for $79. I linked the blemished.
 
Ive used the glass-holes kit in the past. But found this kit to have better flow, not to mention a better over all appearance. Plus the inside egde of the kit is slotted to cut back on noise flowing in. Only down side with this kit is you need a hole saw bit to cut the back for the bulkhead as its not already done for you. For me that wasnt a big deal. I love the over all look so much better over glass holes and the performance is awesome
 
Last edited:
The Glass-Holes kit is baffled as well to minimize noise and includes the "breather" tube in the 90 elbow. The only down side I've found (after eight years of use) is that breather tube needs to be "plunged" every six months or so to knock off precipitated salts.

700%20mounted%20side.jpg


I've also found the appearance of the GH to be pleasing and certainly much less obtrusive than the typical corner behemoth overflows.
 
If you dont already have the tank, save for a reef ready tank. You will be happy in the long run.

What!!!! I specifically didn't want a ten gallon behemoth piece of plastic in my tank that ends up being the focus of the tank. Glass-Holes, and even this eBay overflow, is extremely more pleasing to the eye than those massive typical overflows. Thank you, not interested in the norm for me! I'll take the small and efficient overflow every time.
 
This is the 1500 gph Glass-Holes that I installed on my 90 back in 2008. Small, unobtrusive and quiet.





Is the overflow even noticable in this "dry" photo:

 
+1 on overflow box. I personally cant stand the amount of room they take up in a tank. So much so that on my new build (40x24x12) i went with a single 1 1/2 bulkhead and slip strainer to even eliminate the overflow box. Pushing around 550gph and could not be happier lol
 
I have a glassholes 700gph overflow on my 40 breeder and i was so proud of doing it all on my own, but im just giving my opinion on what i would do if i did it again. I especially like the design of the marine land overflows that suck from the bottom and top.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new