Overflow, breaking siphon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrGemini
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MrGemini

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2013
Messages
128
Reaction score
60
Location
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have. 60g rimless cube. So far all is well but I need to stop siphon when return is shut off. I believe I got the issue taken care of the back siphon on the return, I put a check valve on it to stop, but now how do I stop the siphon on the overflow aka down pipe. Any suggestions are welcomed or should I let be as it's not that much that comes down after pumps off but it does get close to the top of the 10g sump.
 
If it's not flooding sump it should be ok. That's where people normally adjust the water levels in chambers. So when powers lost it can handle the tank draining to bottom of overflow teeth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new