Overflow covers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kdocimo90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kdocimo90

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
4
Location
Stamford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need recommendations for covering my two overflows on my 210g tank. Getting tired of the teeth clogging and having to clean them out.
 
How about a Maggie Muffler, have one on my 150, it's in the living room and this makes it livable (lol)...
maggie_112848770694c95ab0d6f06e.jpg
 
I should have clarified. I need I to cover my prefilter box. I have screen tops too so I'll need something flat.
 
Can you post a PIC of the setup, might help with recommendations.
 
lol, nice tank, I should have clarified.... I was looking for a pic of the over-flow area itself.
 
It's just the two overflows in the pic. There's about a 1/2" gap between the top of them and the screen.
 
I had to cut my top off the durso pipe a little but was able the get the Maggie Muffler to fit, I also have screened tops on.
Or you can try something like this...
durso-options.gif
 
I think I might have misread you post, "teeth clogging" hmmm... whats clogging them?
 
black kydex sheets, cuttable and heat moldable and from all the post I have read, plus my own experiences, it's reef safe. If placed over the top it blocks all light and will help reduce the growth of algae.
 
Welcome.
 
I just put gutter guard on the top of my overflows of my 125. I used little zip ties through the slits of the overflow to tie down the gutter guard and then put the other end of it under the rim of the tank. That way I can always flip up that edge to get into the overflow if I need to.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong but "gutter guard" is perforated and would still allow some light to pass through, I think he's trying to block all light.
 
What did you end up doing to cover the over-flow?
 
I chopped mine off for more surface skimming. I've read that's where the organics are. It lowered the water level in the display and I left the upper teeth for keeping fish out. Later on I cut them out completely.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new