Overflow detection?

GrantJohnsonInOz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've build a reef-pi system for my son after he suffered a tank crash while we were on holidays. His ATO malfunctioned, resulting in an overflow. I've obtained some optical level sensors that I want to use to detect an impending overflow and turn off the power to the ATO (plus send an alert).

I'm struggling to set this up in reef-pi. I keep coming back to the ATO feature in reef-pi, but this seems to be the reverse of what I need. The ATO feature (as I've set it up, anyway) continually records the pump as (logically) running, until such time as the overflow condition is reached. This means it generates alerts constantly until the sensor is triggered. I want to do the opposite of this.

I'm sure this must be common requirement, but it's got me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The
Hi, I've build a reef-pi system for my son after he suffered a tank crash while we were on holidays. His ATO malfunctioned, resulting in an overflow. I've obtained some optical level sensors that I want to use to detect an impending overflow and turn off the power to the ATO (plus send an alert).

I'm struggling to set this up in reef-pi. I keep coming back to the ATO feature in reef-pi, but this seems to be the reverse of what I need. The ATO feature (as I've set it up, anyway) continually records the pump as (logically) running, until such time as the overflow condition is reached. This means it generates alerts constantly until the sensor is triggered. I want to do the opposite of this.

I'm sure this must be common requirement, but it's got me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
res an application and program for apex that would be similar
I’ll get our guy to explain it
@SuncrestReef

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Try going to the configuration tab, then connectors tab and locate the connector for the sensor, click edit and tick the "reverse" option. Then go to the admin tab and press the reload button. This will make on be off and vice versa.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As @robsworld78 mentioned , I think you have to set the inlet reverse option . This is inflicted by the circuit you employ (pull up vs down ) . I generally configure the circuit in a way that does not require this , but it makes no difference functionally. Let us know how it goes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back