New User

biojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have a old 2014 Raspberry Pi Model B, So started to have a play about with it, Eventually I will upgrade to a Pi4 etc, once im happy with full set up

When I tried to install Version 6.0 "pi0" it getting to setting up then just stops and no service is running, tried 5.1 and this works fine.

So in the past I have made the following and coded them in Arduino, designed PCBs and built everything myself
  • Dosing pump using stepper motors
    • More accurate, then normal motors
  • Auto Top up
    • If a sensor is trigered it waits 5 seconds before actioning, basically to stop waves triggering pumps on and off
    • 1 Sensor in sump ativates top up pump
    • 1 sensor in sump, turns top up off if the above goes faulty, also activates alarm to notify water is too high
    • 1 sensor in sump, warns it needs topping up
    • 1 sensor in sump, deactivates pump as level is too low
  • Temperature Controller
    • Has 2 probes and it averages the values
    • If temp is below or above the selected value it waits 20 seconds before activating a heater or cooler
    • when value is 0.1+/- the selected value - Heater1/Cooler1 is activated
    • when value is 0.2+/- the selected value - Heater1&2/Cooler1&2 is activated

So i`m looking at the Reef-Pi to do all the above and more, can someone advise what is possible and what isnt.

My other option is to write a custom version, which I should be able to do. Theres just a few bits from the reef-pi I potentially need to know how it does it

I have found a python scrip to control TP-Link HS100 plug, but the HS103 I cant find any scripts for.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back