Setup on Raspberry Pi Zero WH

hurricain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sensors are going up/down constantly. I bought a new Pi Zero WH to use. However when I start it up, and try to log in to the admin interface it gives me a 404. Seems like the webserver isn't working properly.

Anyone else experience this?

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sensors are going up/down constantly. I bought a new Pi Zero WH to use. However when I start it up, and try to log in to the admin interface it gives me a 404. Seems like the webserver isn't working properly.

Is the SSH connection working reliably through something like Putty ?

I’m assuming you are getting the 404 when you try to access the ReefPi Webpage with your Webbrowser.

TheNoLegFisherMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey hurricain, your old friend john here. You may need to give the device a good ol factory reset to back to the default settings, sometimes these babies don't exactly work right straight out of the box so it's best to start from scratch and work your way into it
hope this helps! ~Sharktooth John

OP
OP
H

hurricain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hurricain, your old friend john here. You may need to give the device a good ol factory reset to back to the default settings, sometimes these babies don't exactly work right straight out of the box so it's best to start from scratch and work your way into it
hope this helps! ~Sharktooth John
I installed this from scratch. New Pi Zero, new sd card, newly flashed .. I've been a software engineer for decades now. Maybe it's time to roll up my sleeves and contribute to this project :D

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the SSH connection working reliably through something like Putty ?

I’m assuming you are getting the 404 when you try to access the ReefPi Webpage with your Webbrowser.
I've had this happen before.. have you tried a different browser or delete the browser cache history? If I remember correctly that fixed my issue.. but I am old and memory is failing :)..ya I can blame it on that.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the startup and 404 is expected, what's happening is the usage metric is not present soon after startup, rest all domain objects are present. it should go away after first check interval. Its a benign issue.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you saying your temperature sensor is dropping off intermittenty? If so this should be logged as error in the UI (config -> error). And is likely a hardware issue (unless the sensor is wifi /network based)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back