Overflow Protection

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So laat night I woke up to the very alarming sound of my pump gasping for more water...after freaking put n turning everything off I realized a snail had made its way into my overflow m clogged it up almost flooding my tank....thank god I got there in time and crisis averted. I wanna know what I can put around my overflow to make it snail proof?
 
Gutter guard. It's cheap and can get it at any hardware store.
This is funny because the same exact thing happened to me the other night but I actually got about 3 gallons of water on the floor.
 
Thanks bro, that was the worst thing that happened in a while n I almost had a heart attack lol.
 
^$23?!!? Thats some fancy plastic haha. Go to tapp plastic or something, grab a piece from the scrap bin. Usually any piece in there is free or one doll hair ($1...)
 
Less then $3 at walmart....that craft stuff people use to knit with....that is what i am gonna use. It is white/slightly clear so any issues should show easily
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new