overflowing aquariums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stE26wy14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stE26wy14

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
7,183
Reaction score
4,299
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anybody have any tanks that flow over the glass like an infinity pool then comes back into the tank? it would looks beautiful imo!
 
The salt deposited would be an interesting challenge.
 
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/over-the-edge.316856/
I think it's a cool idea but the evaporation would be a nightmare, and also you have to think about how laminar the flow is along the edge of the tank, because the surface of the water/air causes refraction so if there's any unevenness it's going to be like looking through the top with your pumps on.
 
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/over-the-edge.316856/
I think it's a cool idea but the evaporation would be a nightmare, and also you have to think about how laminar the flow is along the edge of the tank, because the surface of the water/air causes refraction so if there's any unevenness it's going to be like looking through the top with your pumps on.
do u have any pics, cuz I can't find any
 
There was at leasts one company that had them when we hosted MACNA in 2008

As others have said, there will be cleaning and salt creep. etc. issue as well as visibility problems. Neat idea that is pretty bad in practice, but to each their own I suppose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new