Overwhelmed

AnemoneMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just need to get some advice. I'm not particularly new to the hobby I've been in it for about 2-3 years and I have 4 tanks in total. I've loved the hobby for as long as I can remember but once covid hit I've started getting kind of overwhelmed and slacking on maintenance quite a bit. I'm not sure what has really caused it but do you guys have any advice for reinvigorating your love for the hobby?

virtual reality

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think at one point or another we all feel this way. It's o.k. to slack for awhile.
Get back on the forums, help people with less knowledge than yourself. Share some
pictures. look at other people aquariums.

JPM San Diego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decide on a new goal and go for it.
Pick a new fish that you've always wanted and get everything back in top shape before you bring'm home.
Pick someone (safe) to invite over to see your awesome tanks and then get everything in show quality form before they come.
Rearrange the furniture and clean everything up in the process.

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take care of yourself. Talking about how you’re feeling on here is good. Talk to friends and family about how you are feeling. This F ing covid is hard on a lot of people so don’t feel like you’re alone.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been there, and for me it was too many tanks and too much work burning me out. I’ve done the fish room thing and had racks of tanks at one point.

As mentioned above, pick a fish, coral or invert you have never kept before but have always wanted. Then trim things down to one tank and start over with something new and exiting. Once you have knocked off 75% of the maintenance load it will be easier and less stressful. You are probably just overloaded....

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back