Oyster eggs for stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter GSnake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GSnake

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
642
Reaction score
266
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my lfs they sell oyster eggs for inverts. Are there starfishes that are find of these? Any particular species I can get that are reef safe. Im hoping for fromia, linkia or serphent if I can feed them sucessfullly
 
Oyster eggs are for filter feeding inverts like feather dusters and brittle stars. I don't know about the first two stars you mentioned but serpent stars diets depend on the exact species. Brittle stars are safe for reefs. I hear sand sifting stars are too but don't have any experience with them.
 
Oyster eggs are for filter feeding inverts like feather dusters and brittle stars. I don't know about the first two stars you mentioned but serpent stars diets depend on the exact species. Brittle stars are safe for reefs. I hear sand sifting stars are too but don't have any experience with them.
Do you like bristle starfish heard they will eat my fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new