Ozone and carbon after skimmer

Aquaman024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you run carbon after your skimmer for ozone... anyone have a pic on how they do it??!!!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you mean here. What does carbon have to do with ozone?

I'm interested in learning what you mean, so I'm bumping this to see if we can get some replies for you and to help me learn.

OP
OP
A

Aquaman024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read you should run water over carbon leaving the ozone chamber/skimmer to accomplish 2 things: remove excess ozone from entering livestock tank and remove toxic waste from reaction (boron?)

For those of you using a skimmer as the reactor? How do you incorporate carbon on the output?

Is there anyone using an airstone in the sump? How so?

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question when I was going ozone. Best idea I found was to put carbon (bigger pieces) in a small mesh sack and arrange it around the output on the skimmer. 2nd was to set the skimmer in a small pail inside the sump with a small pump to send the discharge water into a carbon reactor and back into the sump.

I ended up getting a avast reactor instead, seemed like a better idea for a first time setup. Not sure if thats a option or not. Avast says the carbon is good for 3 months before needing changing. Not sure if any skimmers have a actual discharge port on them.

Heres some pics of the reactor set up, might shake a couple ideas loose.

DSC01720.JPG
Carbon post filter
DSC01721.JPG
return water from post carbon ozone going into skimmer
DSC01722.JPG
Main reactor recirc unit

Back