Ozone and CO2 scrubber - Lineup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CasperOe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Messages
3,257
Reaction score
5,509
Location
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers :)

I have been running ozone for a while on my tank and i have seen a big difference in water clarity.

I do however suffer from low PH dropping down to 7.6 during the night despite a Kessil A160 powering my fudge (will be replaced tomorrow with an AI Blade).

Q: Will below line-up work for me?

Air -> Air pump -> CO2 scrubber -> Silicagel dryer -> Ozone reactor -> Skimmer

Note: Currently, i am running above lineup without the scrubber.

Thanks!
 
Yes. You may also want something over your skimmer lid to deal with stray ozone.
Thanks! I’ll give that a go with. DIY Co2 scrubber and see if it changes anything ☺️

I use carbon on top of my skimmer in a bag for now.

Cheers
 
Hi Reefers :)

I have been running ozone for a while on my tank and i have seen a big difference in water clarity.

I do however suffer from low PH dropping down to 7.6 during the night despite a Kessil A160 powering my fudge (will be replaced tomorrow with an AI Blade).

Q: Will below line-up work for me?

Air -> Air pump -> CO2 scrubber -> Silicagel dryer -> Ozone reactor -> Skimmer

Note: Currently, i am running above lineup without the scrubber.

Thanks!
You need gac to catch the stray ozone it’s toxic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new