OZONE GENERATOR Help!!!!

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys quick question i have an Enaly Ozone Generator 200… it has a airline running out the house and air getting suck in by skimmer but passing trough the enaly 200 first … and of course the air dryer colo has not change ….by the way is a 500 gallon tank

When i first got it was working great my orp slowly but kep going up eventually i got to like 380 …. But its started to drop significantly these past days …. Not hardly gets above 200 right now at 180 ..Not sure what it is the only real change i could think of …i currently added coppe Power in my tank …. So my question in general is what can it be ? Does copper in water make your orp to lower?

Please help going crazy with this and water is not as clear any more

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you adding copper power to your tank? :upside-down-face: is it a quarantine tank you're running ozone on as well? Or are you medicating your fish in your display tank?

I wouldn't run my ozone generator while treating with copper. I wouldn't run any UV sterilisers either btw.

Copper may very well lower your ORP, but I don't think many people dosing copper worries much a out ORP.

OP
OP
N

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you adding copper power to your tank? :upside-down-face: is it a quarantine tank you're running ozone on as well? Or are you medicating your fish in your display tank?

I wouldn't run my ozone generator while treating with copper. I wouldn't run any UV sterilisers either btw.

Copper may very well lower your ORP, but I don't think many people dosing copper worries much a out ORP.
Im currently medicating the tank ….

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently medicating the tank ….
Are you medicating in your display tank?

Are you having any sand, inverts and coral in there?

What do you wish to achieve by using ozone during medication with copper? I would switch it off immediately!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Ozone may remove or alter organics bound to the copper, so could impact things like cupramine, making them more or less effective. It won't impact ordinary copper ions in seawater that are not bound to organics." - @Randy Holmes-Farley

Have a look here as well!

OP
OP
N

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you medicating in your display tank?

Are you having any sand, inverts and coral in there?

What do you wish to achieve by using ozone during medication with copper? I would switch it off immediately!
Only fish for now …. I will remove copper from water with big water changes and cuprisorb … then with time when its at zero addd everything else

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only fish for now …. I will remove copper from water with big water changes and cuprisorb … then with time when its at zero addd everything else
If you don't answer my questions then you don't need help either I assume :cool:

Still not sure why you run ozone in your quarantine tank with copper treatment, but I'm sure you have it all under control.

I wish you all the best mate. Happy Christmas!

OP
OP
N

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Ozone may remove or alter organics bound to the copper, so could impact things like cupramine, making them more or less effective. It won't impact ordinary copper ions in seawater that are not bound to organics." - @Randy Holmes-Farley

Have a look here as well
If you don't answer my questions then you don't need help either I assume :cool:

Still not sure why you run ozone in your quarantine tank with copper treatment, but I'm sure you have it all under control.

What do you mean i did not answer ..

I said it was my display tank being treated …only fish…. No corals or inverts …And to achieve only clarity

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back