Ozone Install

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bob CImon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bob CImon

TN ReefChasers
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Location
Ooltewah TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Deltec 1500 series skimmer that has a 3/8" airline and I just purchased a Poseidon 200 Ozone Generator. I am assuming I would need a 3/16" to 3/8" tee to inject the ozone into my airline??? If so do you know who would have Ozone safe Tee's
 
Last edited:
Did you look at the manufactures instructions? Similar to other skimmer manufactures that support ozone they note a T-piece which Deltec notes glass. I can't speak for everyone but Lifereef recommends Kynar PVDF fittings for the tees and ozone safe fep/ptfe or similar silicone norprene. Bulk Reef Supply or similar online hobby related fronts will carry ozone resistant tee's. Example below.

Snip-it from Deltec's doc:

An ozone-resistant Tpiece (Glass) should be fitted in the air hose above the skimmer pump. The free end of theT-piece is connected to the ozonizer by means of an ozone-resistant hose.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...mmer-400i-2000i_600ix-1500ix.pdf?v=1629477795

1788980271920.png


https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ozon...D=1773&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products
 
Did you look at the manufactures instructions? Similar to other skimmer manufactures that support ozone they note a T-piece which Deltec notes glass. I can't speak for everyone but Lifereef recommends Kynar PVDF fittings for the tees and ozone safe fep/ptfe or similar silicone norprene. Bulk Reef Supply or similar online hobby related fronts will carry ozone resistant tee's. Example below.

Snip-it from Deltec's doc:

An ozone-resistant Tpiece (Glass) should be fitted in the air hose above the skimmer pump. The free end of theT-piece is connected to the ozonizer by means of an ozone-resistant hose.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...mmer-400i-2000i_600ix-1500ix.pdf?v=1629477795

1788980271920.png


https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ozon...D=1773&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products
Correct and I cant find that Tee anywhere. I will try calling BRS tomorrow TY
 
Out of curiosity have you tried reaching out to Deltec USA support and see if they have a source? TSA seems like one distributor - could also email them tonight so they get it in the morning. I think you already tried BRS but maybe try their support bot and see if they answer during working hours tomorrow. If you do so now it will send an email. I've had reasonable turn around using that as well.

I do not have the skimmer so do not know the actual tubing size id/od. Another source is amazon. I would reach out to Deltec first though to confirm the actual size required. It could be as simple as searching after that. I did to see out of curiosity and Plastic 3/8" Hose Barb Tee 3 Way T Shape Barbed Fitting for Ozone Water Oil (Pack of 6) came up.

I am not suggesting to buy that. But if Deltec or TSA or BRS reply to the actual size needed it may be easier.

Apologies that I don't have an exact source or fitting size.
 
Out of curiosity have you tried reaching out to Deltec USA support and see if they have a source? TSA seems like one distributor - could also email them tonight so they get it in the morning. I think you already tried BRS but maybe try their support bot and see if they answer during working hours tomorrow. If you do so now it will send an email. I've had reasonable turn around using that as well.

I do not have the skimmer so do not know the actual tubing size id/od. Another source is amazon. I would reach out to Deltec first though to confirm the actual size required. It could be as simple as searching after that. I did to see out of curiosity and Plastic 3/8" Hose Barb Tee 3 Way T Shape Barbed Fitting for Ozone Water Oil (Pack of 6) came up.

I am not suggesting to buy that. But if Deltec or TSA or BRS reply to the actual size needed it may be easier.

Apologies that I don't have an exact source or fitting size.
Thanks for the help I will check now The Deltec tubing is 3/8" and the Ozone is 1/4"
 
Thanks for the help I will check now The Deltec tubing is 3/8" and the Ozone is 1/4"

If that is the case search for Kynar PVDF fittings of that size and you may get a hit. That is if TSA or BRS does not get back to you. Sometimes water filtration sites have them as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new