Ozone or UV

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I used ozone I supplied my ozone generator air from an oxygen machine like someone would use Hooked to there nose for breathing in there house. Wow what a difference it made the ozone work much much better
Interesting. When i used it back in the day, we all were using the medical industry ones, that were way over powered for our intended purpose, and had to have venting to the outside or risk ozone poisoning

OP
OP
brick-brothers

brick-brothers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be a little hard to follow, but my skimmer is sealed. The skimmate and air goes out that braided vinyl hose into that blue collection cup. That collection cup has a vinyl hose out the top that wraps over my furnace cold air intake pvc pipe, and into my old furnace chimney vent. So even the moisture from my skimmer gets vented outside instead of into my house.
625D456D-D59C-4EBA-821A-0C2EE5B62C9C.jpeg
Ok cool, I might have to create my own air vent if I dont go the carbon way

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both, they do different (some are similar) things. I love my ozone but my UV plays a huge role as well.

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozone does an excellent job in breaking down organics. I will be running one via skimmer after my Algae Turf Scrubber to remove yellow pigments from hair algae. The UV on my return tasks to limit protozoa and to destroy any residual ozone entering the Display Tank.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back