ozone Q

  • Thread starter Thread starter authentic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
882
Location
coral springs florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am running outside air into my skimmer(around 10 feet away)and am planning on adding ozone,my Q.....can i tee the ozone into the air tube and does it matter how close to the skimmer it is?
 
Most ozone applications require enough suction or a small amount of air pressure through the generator via an air pump. The question is how much benefit will you have by using a "T" in the suction side of the line. I always used the suction of the venturi or an air pump to maintain proper air flow through the generator. Never put a "T" in the line so I guess you would have to use more trial and error to set up the system.

Why not just let the outside air pass through the generator and to the skimmer? Ph might not be affected.
 
I just went through a similar trial and error process in how to implement ozone with a CO2 scrubber. It took multiple trials to figure out how to reap the benefits of both ozone and reduced CO2 air. I ended up putting 2x tee's on the skimmer air intake line and putting an old aqualifter pump and ozone on the tee's.


Air is pulled from the skimmer air intake line, sent through the aqualifter and ozone, and returned to the skimmer air intake line downstream from the ozone air intake.
 
didnt know about the necessity of a pump ,are you using the poseidon 200?

No, I'm using a cheap weipro unit from amazon because I wanted to give ozone a try before spending the money on a higher quality unit.

The Poseidon still needs a pump though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new