Ozone Reactor

Do you have one? Not Many reefers run ozone.
No. I don’t have one. I’ve been doing research for a new build and am debating between UV and ozone. I know you have to be careful with ozone but it sure does make water crystal clear. Just wondering if there are other benefits.
 
I just got the avast mutiny ozone reactor. I really like it. It has cleared up the water that it increases my par, and the water smells clean.

I went with the reactor because the skimmer way is just too risky. Ozone is super dangerous and you don’t want ozone in the air, and you don’t want it in the tank. You must use carbon on the air exhaust of the skimmer, and carbon in the water output.

Some people don’t do this, and I think it’s more risk than anyone should honestly take.
 
I just got the avast mutiny ozone reactor. I really like it. It has cleared up the water that it increases my par, and the water smells clean.

I went with the reactor because the skimmer way is just too risky. Ozone is super dangerous and you don’t want ozone in the air, and you don’t want it in the tank. You must use carbon on the air exhaust of the skimmer, and carbon in the water output.

Some people don’t do this, and I think it’s more risk than anyone should honestly take.
I hear that Avast make great equipment. If I went the ozone route, I would definitely go with Avast for the reactor and equipment. I know the concerns with ozone and I think that is why you don’t see it being used often in the hobby. That’s probably a good thing considering how many people purchase and use something with doing any research.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new