OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have one? Not Many reefers run ozone.
No. I don’t have one. I’ve been doing research for a new build and am debating between UV and ozone. I know you have to be careful with ozone but it sure does make water crystal clear. Just wondering if there are other benefits.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I just got the avast mutiny ozone reactor. I really like it. It has cleared up the water that it increases my par, and the water smells clean.

I went with the reactor because the skimmer way is just too risky. Ozone is super dangerous and you don’t want ozone in the air, and you don’t want it in the tank. You must use carbon on the air exhaust of the skimmer, and carbon in the water output.

Some people don’t do this, and I think it’s more risk than anyone should honestly take.

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the avast mutiny ozone reactor. I really like it. It has cleared up the water that it increases my par, and the water smells clean.

I went with the reactor because the skimmer way is just too risky. Ozone is super dangerous and you don’t want ozone in the air, and you don’t want it in the tank. You must use carbon on the air exhaust of the skimmer, and carbon in the water output.

Some people don’t do this, and I think it’s more risk than anyone should honestly take.
I hear that Avast make great equipment. If I went the ozone route, I would definitely go with Avast for the reactor and equipment. I know the concerns with ozone and I think that is why you don’t see it being used often in the hobby. That’s probably a good thing considering how many people purchase and use something with doing any research.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back