Ozone safe Protein Skimmer Options

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for an explicitly Ozone safe protein skimmer for my heavily stocked 120g SPS heavy mixed reef. I am currently using it at low doses with my Great White 12 skimmer, but would prefer to have a skimmer that is explicitly designed to be used with it. Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

this thread is not meant to be a discussion on the merits of ozone, potential other options, etc.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love using ozone. There are many options that can work but I would look into the tunze Master doc skimmers. the 9410 and 9410 DC would be good choices for you. These have a dedicated ozone port and a filter bag on the outlet for carbon to filter excess ozone.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any skimmer that uses cast acrylic not extruded will be ozone resistant. Also the fittings can be changed to ozone resistant one realivily cheaply.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love using ozone. There are many options that can work but I would look into the tunze Master doc skimmers. the 9410 and 9410 DC would be good choices for you. These have a dedicated ozone port and a filter bag on the outlet for carbon to filter excess ozone.
This is awesome info! Thank you I didnt realize they had one like this.

BrodyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef octopus’s 150 elite would be perfect for you. I run ozone on mine on the same size tank
May is ask if you have the elite 150-s? or 150 Int. I live in australia, really want the Octo elite 150 Int but currently only the 150-S is available. 150 Int seems like the better option for ozone use?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back