Ozone what is it that affects the tank!!

Anonymous'Reefer90

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2024
Messages
71
Reaction score
19
Location
Mérida, Yucatán, México
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi group, I have been using ozone in my tank for some time now at a ratio of 35 mg/litre x 800 real litres. I would like to know if ozone really affects the silicone in the tank, and other plastic devices such as wave generators, bulkheads, return pumps, etc. etc. My main concern is the silicone in the tank. My equipment is an Enaly Ozac 200 and I think I am using it at a low ratio and I only use it at night from 10pm to 7am. I would like to hear opinions and experiences, thank you.
 
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Where you're doing the injection of the ozone (either in a skimmer or reactor) the concentration of ozone is much higher than is generally in the tank. So you can see degradation of plastics there if you're using things not meant to withstand ozone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new