Ozone

  • Thread starter Thread starter pserelis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pserelis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
New york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used a ozone generator off of amazone that's used for sterilizing fruits, foods, toys, ect?
 
Has anyone used a ozone generator off of amazone that's used for sterilizing fruits, foods, toys, ect?
I use an amazon generator from Amazon that is designed for swimming pools and spas on my 90 gal system.

Ozone can be dangerous, you should educate yourself about how to use it safely before installing any ozone generator.
 
I've been reading up a lot on it....chose a generator that produces less than any of the reef ones. Figured I'd run it for a few min at night and see how it goes. Is my thinking sound ? Can it really become toxic of only ran 2-3 min ?
 
I've been reading up a lot on it....chose a generator that produces less than any of the reef ones. Figured I'd run it for a few min at night and see how it goes. Is my thinking sound ? Can it really become toxic of only ran 2-3 min ?
It's unlikely to cause a problem with that dose, but for the same reasons unlikely to achieve anything.

Randy has a few articles about ozone linked below.

https://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-03/rhf/index.phphttps://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-04/rhf/index.phphttps://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-05/rhf/index.php
 
What’s the output on it? I use a 20euro 1000mh/h for like 3 hours in the night ( 380l) and keeps ne at around 360 orp
I would suggest you get an orp meter and put it on a timer for double protection
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new