ozone

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tagging along on this one as well. I ran ozone with a hideously oversized unit in the old house. On occassion I could smell the ozone which worried me and then the unit (bought used and cheap) died.

If I thought I could get away with running it on my skimmer, I'd give it some consideration.

TonyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I deserve it. serious.

Very sorry nonetheless. After re-reading my post I realize I sounded like a jerk. I did not intend to sound like you had an poor system or poor water quality. I meant to point out what could cause low ORP.

OP
OP
B

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry nonetheless. After re-reading my post I realize I sounded like a jerk. I did not intend to sound like you had an poor system or poor water quality. I meant to point out what could cause low ORP.

No problem. I have been told much worse in these forums on other boards.

And you might have a good point. My tank is balanced almost exclusively with macro algaes. No skimmer, no water changes and so on. Nitrates and phosphates are unmeasurable. PH is 8.4-8.8 with that api test kit. Which would indicate it at least has very low carbon dioxide and probably good oxygen.

To Tomoko's question--the orp seems to have stablized at 240mv night and 260-280mv in the morning. The unit did get water logged so probably is not up to spec. I am considering redesigning my reactor for more contact by recirculating more the water. When I get around to it.

my .02

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back