P. grandis Eye Candy

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering about Msman's polyps there on the bottom left. They look to be about the size of a quarter, and none of the button polyps I have had have ever gotten that big...?

:D
Laurie

OP
OP
bryan

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing Larry. I'm going to try and seperate all 3 polyps tomorrow and mount. Then see how quickly I can urge them along:mrgreen:

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering about Msman's polyps there on the bottom left. They look to be about the size of a quarter, and none of the button polyps I have had have ever gotten that big...?

:D
Laurie
some of them are as big as a half dollar. and there is a couple diffrent kinds there also. some have like little ribs going from skirt to mouth. and some have a real green button for mouth

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grandis have a very specific look. Its not just the size. You can tell them from normal button polyps. Look at the ones posted as grandis. They all have a similar shape and look. Msman's look nothing like a grandis, IMO.

NateMorriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some. They might be my favorite coral. I've had these a year and a half. They started as one full grown and one or two babies. I have split them since this picture was taken. They do color up with less light and don't seem to like too much flow. I have two other with far less color then these (I buy any P. grandis I find).

I can't get a good picture of them that shows the color. With the right light they turn a really nice golden green. This picture shows a lot of color but they really look better in person (we all say that don't we).

grandis.jpg

NATE

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice stuff Paul! i'm looking forward to frags of those two soon! :)

i'll try and snap a pic of my P. Grandis later on...it's just in a weird spot in my tank right now..hard to get the camera in there!

Zach.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some Grandis myself.....Thanks to Chelsey for such a great trade..Grandis around here and a few other places in Michigan go for $20-$40 a polyp.....Chelsey hooked me up....I can't wait to see what they color up too, and I feed them today and they are pigs.

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0515.jpg

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love those Grandis, specially when they are blue and green. I even like the brown looking ones.

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grandis? My tank pictures allways turn out blue. Running 14k mh even turning actinics off. All the pics you guys post are crisp and white.
saltwater281.jpg

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the best pic I have of mine, I never would have guessed a combo of white, green, and brown could be so colorful in person!
129_2975.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 110 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 122 47.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.4%
Back