P3. 1 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering going to all ghl, I have a stand alone doser, and am considering buying a new 3.1 from the store. I have a diy led system that needs 5v pwm to dim. I think that I would need the breakout board to be able to make it work,not sure though. I was also thinking about the optical sensor for my ato. Any reason why this won't work for me?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see why you wouldn’t be able to. The 3.1 has 2 optical ports and each of their systems are built for backwards compatibility. On the GHL USA site they have had the 3.1 on sale for awhile in different size sets.
Look at the information on led driver, should help how it should be connected.
What pumps are you using? Some models of pumps can also be controlled via 0-10v as well.

Will also tag @Ditto

OP
OP
topjimmy

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see why you wouldn’t be able to. The 3.1 has 2 optical ports and each of their systems are built for backwards compatibility. On the GHL USA site they have had the 3.1 on sale for awhile in different size sets.
Look at the information on led driver, should help how it should be connected.
What pumps are you using? Some models of pumps can also be controlled via 0-10v as well.

Will also tag @Ditto
The driver is a blue acro, which takes 3-5v pwm for dimming, so I'm pretty sure that I need the extra board. Though I don't know if it is only for dimming, it looks like it sends power also, but I don't know. I do have a DC return pump but I don't think that I care about controlling it other than just off.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights that are controllable through a PWM signal can be dimmed by the P3 or P4 using the LEDControl4 v2 accessory.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For varios pump control, you need:
  • Varios pump control cable, sourced from manufacturer. Apex cable is OK.
  • GHL S & L Breakout box accessory
The RJ45 end of the control cable is cut and installed onto the breakout box. The breakout box is then connected to one of the 1-10V ports on the ProfiLux.

If you're on our mailing list, you'll be one of the first to know about upcoming sales. :)

OP
OP
topjimmy

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sounds good.

Now for the optical level sensor, how the heck does it mount?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sounds good.

Now for the optical level sensor, how the heck does it mount?

It mounts horizontally. Here's the holder and base unit:

I've read a few negative reviews on their base unit.

Here's how I mounted mine:

OP
OP
topjimmy

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Cart is loaded . Now..??now the 3.1 that much different than the 4? I prefer the lan connection anyway. Seems like it would do everything that the 4 can.

OP
OP
topjimmy

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Cart is loaded . Now..??now the 3.1 that much different than the 4? I prefer the lan connection anyway. Seems like it would do everything that the 4 can.
Pulled the trigger on the 3.1,and looks like I might have gotten the last one in stock!

Can't wait for it to get here and set it up.

Back