P4 and vortech controller configuration doubts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Espinete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,
Maybe it's a very silly doubt but I have read lots of threads and all the users manuals and I can't find the answer to my doubt.
In my tank I have 2 MP60, one on each side of the tank. They are controlled by the P4 with the vortech controller. I configure both with @Ditto configuration example:
My doubt is if there is any way to tell the pumps that one is in the opposite side of the other one so they don't push in the same way (like in the stream groups configuration options but using ecotech working modes).
Thanks in advance

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I fully understand, when you say push. You can use anti-sync the pump on the other side of the tank. This means that as the one tank is high the other is low.

OP
OP
E

Espinete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I fully understand, when you say push. You can use anti-sync the pump on the other side of the tank. This means that as the one tank is high the other is low.
Hi @Ditto,
Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english. It is not my native language. When I say push I mean that when the left pump goes high the right will go low, and when left goes low the right will go high, but using your schedule (nutrient transport, tidal swell, ...) My doubt is how I can set one pump work in anti-sync with the other one and where I can configure that.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me grab a screen shot for you and show you when I get home tonight.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vortech pump that should be reacting opposite of the other one should be put on anti-sync mode.
This is done on the vortech driver itself, not the ProfiLux.

OP
OP
E

Espinete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vortech pump that should be reacting opposite of the other one should be put on anti-sync mode.
This is done on the vortech driver itself, not the ProfiLux.
Hi @Vinny@GHLUSA ,

From what I see on vortech manual, the first step to do that is to assign a master and a slave. To do that I need to reset the pumps, so I will loose the control of the pumps from my "profilux vortech-controller". Is this correct? I want to continue using the controller (I bought it to have full control of the pumps from the P4) There is no way to do it with the Profilux 4 and the profilux vortech-controller?

1583273096253.png

Thanks in advance

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for not posting last night.

You do this right within the P4 vorftech overview menu. You would take the pump you want and set the mode to Anti-sync and then choose the master pump that it will anti-sync against. In the picture below it would be my master pump

By anti-syncing this to pump 1, means when pump 1 is high the pump I set to anti-sync and made the maseter pump 1 would be low.

The beauty of this is you can set pumps to anti-sync different masters and so forth. So your not pairing them on the Echotech controller but letting the P4 do it for you :)

So in the example below I choose one of my existing pumps which is set to lagoon random at 12:00am to 2:00am and I would click on it and choose mode anti-sync. And then choose the overall speed you want the anti-sync to be. If you want it to be a true opposite of the other pump then set it to 255. This means when the Master pump is low crest in lagoon mode at 30 percent power the anti-sync pump is running at 70%.

Vortech_1.png

Hope this helps explain it. (Quick Update - Had to make a few edits, did this from my phone :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Espinete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ditto, it helps a lot. One more question, When you says:

If you want it to be a true opposite of the other pump then set it to 255. This means when the Master pump is low crest in lagoon mode at 30 percent power the anti-sync pump is running at 70%.

For example, I run my pumps at a 40% of the speed as maximum speed (102 in profilux) because if I run them in a higher speed what I obtain is a sand storm in the tank and a Tsunami in the surface.
As in your screenshot, If I have the master at a maximum speed of 102, when I set the anti-sync, I should put the maximum speed also to 102 so when the Master pump is low crest in lagoon mode at 30 percent power (76 in profilux) the anti-sync pump is running at 70% (72 in profilux)? Or I should set the anti sync with maximum speed of 255? I know is confusing so I try to explain also in another way:

If I set the anti-sync with maximum speed of 255, it will take the 70% of the maximum speed stablished in the master (In my case 102*0,7= 71) or the 70% of the maximum power output of the vortech (255*0,7= 178)? The real output wil be 71 or 178? I just want to avoid a Tsunami in my living room.

Best regards

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If both pumps are going to react opposite of each other, they should have the same minimum and maximum set speeds. If 40% power is the right amount of flow without picking up sand, then that can be the max flow. The minimum can then be set to 10% or 20%. That way, the increase in flow between min and max is not too drastic and will lessen the chance of a sandstorm.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back