Best Practices: Vortech \Nutrient Transport\Peninsula

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoNap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SoNap

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
12
Location
Germany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for best practices regarding the configuration of the Nutrient Transport mode using Vortech pumps.

I have two MP60 and two MP40, all placed on the back.
So one MP60 (top) and one MP40 (bottom) placed on the left side, and the same on the right side.
So each pair of MP60\MP40 running in Master\Child Sync mode (running in a six-hour cycle).

Now I wanted to run also the Nutrient Mode for some time during the day\night and I'm wondering first of all if it's better to run this once per day or even multiple times?

If it runs only once per day, I assume configuring this to not run just some minutes but rather maybe 2 hours makes more sense, right?

Also, would you run the four pumps (as in my setup) all together in Nutrient Mode or does it make more sense to let only one pair run in Nutrient Mode while the other is off and then switch to the other pair?

Just looking for some experience from other guys running a similar setup :-).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new