P4 glitch/malfunction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While installing dkh. I had to turn off P4. Move it in new cabinet and plug back in. @Ditto helped trouble shoot but we're stumped .

My tunze powerheads on stream groups are all messed up. I got them working as of now. But let me say what is still happening.

What caused me to noticed an issue?

My center tunze are suppose to be on perm opposite. I noticed they were both on at same time.

I removed all tunze pumps from stream group 1 and 2 and saved the settings. The pumps were still running constant soeed (my minimum speed setting I had set for them). I removed the pumps from the group and they stayed on. Tunze controller was indeed set to external controller setting.

The 1-10v ports are like stuck.

@Ditto had me try to change group settings to no wave, no current. Saved and the powerheads were staying constant on lowest setting.

They won't go off with no current. And they won't go off if I remove the pumps from the group all together. Crazy huh?

I figured I'm able to put it in my sequence mode and such. Feed mode works fine. But on MY P4 AND GHL CONTROL. No current setting doesn't control my pumps by turning them off. And removing pump 1 and pump 2 from the group all together should shut them down but my tunze pumps continue to run.

Weird. Is there anything I can do to fix my p4?
I turned off my p4. Left it off and turned it back on. It reverts back to running without pumps assigned lololol. @Ditto is stumped.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree, I would be checking cables. Also are you using a Add-in card to operate the pumps? Is is still seated?
Just some thoughts.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All cables plugged into the correct places?
What does the 0-10V show on the P4? Is the voltage changing as expected?
Do you have a meter to check the 0-10V at the Tunze end of the cables? Is it changing as expected?
Do the Tunze pumps operate properly when taken off external control, constant and pulse mode?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some clarification on this also:

If a pump is in a stream group and it set to no current and set to no waves, and if there a % on the pump when added to the group it still impacts the pump. It like the option no current and no waves does not override the pump setttings when it added to the stream group.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All cables plugged into the correct places?
What does the 0-10V show on the P4? Is the voltage changing as expected?
Do you have a meter to check the 0-10V at the Tunze end of the cables? Is it changing as expected?
Do the Tunze pumps operate properly when taken off external control, constant and pulse mode?
We went back and forth via PM, confirmed they were in L1/L2 if he set them to no current they turned off in external mode.

When he removed the pumps from the stream group the pump still was powered on showed 2.7 volts in the 1-10volt panel.

I was able to duplicate the no waves no current and the pump would still run as long as it was added to the stream group with a % added to the pump.

Tagging @Vinny@GHLUSA also on this. I would also get a support ticket going and provide them your config file also.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went back and forth via PM, confirmed they were in L1/L2 if he set them to no current they turned off in external mode.

When he removed the pumps from the stream group the pump still was powered on showed 2.7 volts in the 1-10volt panel.

I was able to duplicate the no waves no current and the pump would still run as long as it was added to the stream group with a % added to the pump.

Tagging @Vinny@GHLUSA also on this. I would also get a support ticket going and provide them your config file also.
What he said. I can remove the pumps from the group and my pumps just ran and ran. Unplug and replug they would run. And if I set the pump to no current. The pumps still run. (if I added the pumps back to the group). They just automatically run. No matter what. But they run at the minimum percentage that I set. Tunze works fine if i unplug the tunze from P4 and use the tunze controller.

Thanks ditto for helping and looking into this

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say I've heard of this kind of behavior before..

Did you check the pump driver to see if it is still set to 3rd party control?

Please open a support ticket if you haven't done so already.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed pumps from stream groups. No wave. No current. Saved. And look at my 0-10v section. Pumps still on. Errrrrrrrrr
Screenshot_20200301-101948.png
Screenshot_20200301-101958.png
Screenshot_20200301-102016.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put a support ticket in on this? Did you set a min max on the 1-10 volt plug us so lower the min to 0 and see if 1-10v shows 0.

it should then show 0 volts, fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put a support ticket in on this? Did you set a min max on the 1-10 volt plug us so lower the min to 0 and see if 1-10v shows 0.

I didn't out 0v yet. I'll test it out today. I kept it 1 because Roger said that was the range of the tunze 6095s. What do you have your volts set for the new tunze?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set mine to 1 and it will show 1 volt on the 1-10 because it the min voyage. I believe that why four seeing the 2.8 volts.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ya. I got a response. They said if I remove the stream groups it will revert back to whatever the tunze controller is set at. But I just replied saying the controller is set to external controller. So it doesn't run at all to tunze controller settings. I can unplug the cable to P4 and my tunze set to external controller the pumps stop and won't run. But when I plug into p4 they auto start to run at constant 30%

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 1-10 volt port change it to illumination channel and pick one with no brightness does it slow 0?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to duplicate the issue you are seeing and will talk to Vinny about this being a bug. When the pump is assigned to the stream group and then removed it retains the stream group pumps settings until you do two things:

1- Go to the stream group set it to mode no current and waves no waves.
2- Assign the pumps back into the stream group

Save the config the pumps will then go to all 0.

Then remove the pumps from the stream group and save and you will notice they will all be set at 0 voltage.

Below is how the stream group should be configured, add those pumps to I save the config, and then remove the pumps. This will set the 1-10V on those ports to 0. The issue is it remembering the pumps config even after removing them from the stream group. I would also set min and max to 0 to be 100% sure but doing this will fix your issue. Or also setting the 1-10V port to a illumination channel which is default that has no brightness settings.

pump_1-10.png

Hope this helps explain the issue.

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Ditto for helping with this.
It has been reported to GHL Germany and will be sorted out as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Ditto for helping with this.
It has been reported to GHL Germany and will be sorted out as soon as possible.
I was able to duplicate the issue you are seeing and will talk to Vinny about this being a bug. When the pump is assigned to the stream group and then removed it retains the stream group pumps settings until you do two things:

1- Go to the stream group set it to mode no current and waves no waves.
2- Assign the pumps back into the stream group

Save the config the pumps will then go to all 0.

Then remove the pumps from the stream group and save and you will notice they will all be set at 0 voltage.

Below is how the stream group should be configured, add those pumps to I save the config, and then remove the pumps. This will set the 1-10V on those ports to 0. The issue is it remembering the pumps config even after removing them from the stream group. I would also set min and max to 0 to be 100% sure but doing this will fix your issue. Or also setting the 1-10V port to a illumination channel which is default that has no brightness settings.

pump_1-10.png

Hope this helps explain the issue.

Thanks. I haven't tested this yet. But I will on my day off. I'm glad you were able to help me figure it out and willing to try to put time in to replicate it for me

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back