Pacific East visit yesterday

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to take a look at the new "beaded" anemones he got in.. They were real nice -even better looking in person ! I picked up 2 even though I suspect they are malu's rather than "beaded" (aurora) ..One is a gorgeous red/pink color with white tips , and the other is green with pink interior and white tips.. can't wait to see how they turn out.. Next I picked up 2 heteractis crispas which were were not on his site (often the case , thats why I visit in person...you never know what gems are hidden or not listed) .One was full purple and the other was a lighter purple with yellow tips - NIce finds ! Then I did an impulse buy - and grabbed one of the 2 purple LT's he had there on a whim -cause it looked great ... Just a tease for you mag lovers - He had none yesterday - all sold out - even the one in his DT ! ...but he whispered there may be a big batch of "premium" mags coming in by the end of this month (27th or so) ..be on the lookout .. I'll post pics of mine after I observe them a few days and decide to treat or not..Right now - looking great .

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats fantastic! I am so jealous! I saw those malu/aurora on the website a few days ago. They are the brightest I've ever seen. If I didn't already have a few gigantea coming, I would have bought few of them. I would love to be able to visit PEA in person and hand pick some nems! His greenhouse Magnifica system is my inspiration for my next big upgrade. Share some pics please!

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to be able to visit PEA in person and hand pick some nems!
Where do you live ? ever visit the east coast?I'm fortunate -only 50 mins away ..nice scenic ride through the Delaware/Md countryside...PEA is tucked away on a nice quiet street .. -you could easily drive right by not knowing it was there at all..

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you live ? ever visit the east coast?I'm fortunate -only 50 mins away ..nice scenic ride through the Delaware/Md countryside...PEA is tucked away on a nice quiet street .. -you could easily drive right by not knowing it was there at all..
I live in a suburb of Kansas City Kansas. A bit too far for a drive over unfortunately. I get my fix by watching his YouTube videos......over and over again. :)

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats fantastic! I am so jealous! I saw those malu/aurora on the website a few days ago. They are the brightest I've ever seen. If I didn't already have a few gigantea coming, I would have bought few of them. I would love to be able to visit PEA in person and hand pick some nems! His greenhouse Magnifica system is my inspiration for my next big upgrade. Share some pics please!
umm gigantea coming? spill the tea!

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm gigantea coming? spill the tea!
ReefBeauties.com has some small giganteas in stock. I ordered two, specifically asking for blue color. We will see what I get. Hopefully, they come early this week.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they are already all gone!
The photos they had up were clearly gigantea, long tentacles with colored verrucae. Hopefully, they get it right.

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they are already all gone!
The photos they had up were clearly gigantea, long tentacles with colored verrucae. Hopefully, they get it right.
probably because somebody on here is always broadcasting to the world that they have them ...

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their availability was posted on another thread a few days ago, long before my post above. Do you have a problem with that? Can we not share with our fellow 'anemone loving' hobbyists here on R2R when things like this arise? In reality, how many people have seen my post above?
Sorry to have derailed your original thread topic. It was not my intent.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure do...
So, you want to keep them all to yourself? Your initial post announced to us all that PEA has several "premium" mags coming in. Is that not the same thing?

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you want to keep them all to yourself? Your initial post announced to us all that PEA has several "premium" mags coming in. Is that not the same thing?
Not really -PEA will mass blast it on the marketplace forum the minute he gets 'em...always does.. and mass e-mails also..no secrets there...

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, it was in your very thread in which this recent sale of gigs was first announced and you didn't have a problem with it there:

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2na hasn't yelled at me yet for linking to various gigantea stock updates. i think this is a miscommunication. or i'm the true target of his ire. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: @Seancj great find, good luck!!

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, it was in your very thread in which this recent sale of gigs was first announced and you didn't have a problem with it there:
Actually I did.. Just didn't post anything...

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the time of year when they start showing up @ wholesalers , etc ?? ..that was the main question of that thread ..NOT looking to blow up specific online vendors ,etc If you guys wanna see all the gigs at your favorite vendor snatched up withing 24 hrs - keep spreading the word...you're shooting yourselves in the foot .:squinting-face-with-tongue:

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the time of year when they start showing up @ wholesalers , etc ?? ..that was the main question of that thread ..NOT looking to blow up specific online vendors ,etc If you guys wanna see all the gigs at your favorite vendor snatched up withing 24 hrs - keep spreading the word...you're shooting yourselves in the foot .:squinting-face-with-tongue:

Ah okay, gotcha. I currently have enough gigs to keep my happy, so I like spreading the wealth, so to speak.

And, to be honest, when I see vendors who have gigs but I have no experience dealing with them, I'd rather have someone else be the guinea pig.

Furthermore, I have two LFS that get gigs periodically, so I don't think I'd ever shop online unless the price is right. I think that's probably how you feel about having PEA so close to you.

Lastly, some people simply don't understand or appreciate the fact that a healthy gigantea is really hard to come by, and there is real work (both time and money) involved in 1) finding one, 2) going through the quarantine process, and 3) having it survive 6-12 months. So, part of me telling people where to find one is to put them up to that challenge of buying it and in many cases, failing in the quarantine process. That way, the next time around they develop that appreciation and work even harder to get the gig to survive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back