Pacific Sun Kore 7th KH Lab fatal problem - looking for users.

Mem_phis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm looking for users that had simillar problem to mine (beside whole bunch of other problems...) My Kore 7th twice, dosed by itself around 800ml of ATI Essentials pro to my aquarium :/ You can emagine problems that caused in the tank :( I've allready found 2 people here in Poland that reported that same problem (and apparently PS did know about it). I've lost around 5000 USD in corals after that..... "error", and I'm planning to sue them, just building my case to do that properly. I tried to talk with them, but they still say, it's not their fault, that's not possible etc. And I have a lot of videos of malfunctions of that doser (some are on YT) If you have or had that doser and you can share your experiance (even if it's good, no problem at all), please do. As I saw, it's something like 50/50 but inside that worse 50 are some people like me, that it almost blew up the tank...

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally got so mad at my kore 5th doser, I ripped it out of the cabinet, an threw it in the bin. I would dose whenever it wanted, no matter what was set.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share the video links? I am curious to see them.

OP
OP
Mem_phis

Mem_phis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you have videos I've posted, it's not all I have but the main problems. I didn't catch on a video the self dosing part, that's why I'm looking for someone that maybe had.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that. PacSun has always been one of my favorite manufacturers. Not a lot of info out there though good or bad.

OP
OP
Mem_phis

Mem_phis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot of info out there though good or bad.
Yes that's true. They are selling this for so many years and there is not so much infomation about it. No YT reviews (1 or 2) - maybe the reason is the quality...

randalli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 7th KH Lab Ed. not too long ago. So far I am happy with it. Only thing I have noticed is that in order for the KH Lab to show correct values for me I had to thrust in the PH probe as far as possible into the measuring cylinder (which is all the way until the small handle at the end). I only had one question to the support so far and they answered within 15 Minutes.

Regarding the not available reviews ... that's true and I only learned about their pumps the week before I got one. Never knew they had one. The videos I have found are boot loop videos and setup videos. I honestly don't give much on boot loop videos since this is a common problem with all hardware devices no matter which one and why should the Kore be different. But the setup videos looked promising and setup of this device is the easiest I have ever experienced -> Yes GHL I look at you with your non-working crap software.

TBH I have had numerous dosing pumps now from cheapest too most expensive and I have always had a scare with every pump at some point. The worst one of them emptied a full 2Liters of highest possible concentrated Calcium into my tank one night and the manufacturer said it is my fault. :dizzy-face:

Did you sue them yet or solve your problem? Would be interesting how it goes. Would not wonder if they've had a section in their license stating something like "all products developed after highest standards yada yada therefore can not be held liable for any issues yadasomemore"

OP
OP
Mem_phis

Mem_phis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not sue... possibility of winning something like that is very small, and it will cost a lot of time and money, soooo
PS didn't want to settle in any way, so I'm just hopping that no one else will have to deal with them and that kind of problem :/
The overdose is one thing, but I had like a milion other problems before that, so, I just don't recomend it :)

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back