Packing fish for a 3-4 hour drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltcats
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltcats

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
422
Reaction score
435
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I'm sure this has been covered many times before but would appreciate a consolidated list :) How would you suggest packing fishes for a 3-4 hour drive to best ensure their survival?

I'm guessing some kind of bucket with a battery air stone but any more details would be great! It is 4 small fishes, I think the drive will likely be little shorter than this but I'm adding extra time for safety.

If it matters, 3 of the fish know each other and 1 has never met the rest.

Thanks!
 
Just add extra water in bags and in a cooler to hold temp.
 
1747177826319.png I have a bunch of these Cobalt units that BRS used to sell. They even came with the extra 'power pack' for when the main pump's charge expired. If you buy something similar for your trip, you will always have it on hand for the next power outage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new