Paddlefin Wrasse

jfingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased one and currently in qt. My fault for not doing my homework on this fish. The temperament of this fish is listed as aggressive on several websites. Can anyone tell me there experience with one or with someone they know that had one? The one I purchased is still in juvenile stage. Thanks you.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Fish temperament is fairly subjective.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased one and currently in qt. My fault for not doing my homework on this fish. The temperament of this fish is listed as aggressive on several websites. Can anyone tell me there experience with one or with someone they know that had one? The one I purchased is still in juvenile stage. Thanks you.
Do you have other wrasses?
What’s the rest of your stocking list?

I’ve heard some fish start fine and end up aggressive. Given everyone in your tank has enough places to hide and no one really shares the same area you may be fine.

OP
OP
J

jfingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tankmates:

sailfin tang
mandarin
PJ cardinal
royal gramma
zebra Moray eel
goatfish
checkerboard wrasse
yellow flanked wrasse
flame hawkfish
lyretail anthias
starry blenny

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tankmates:

sailfin tang
mandarin
PJ cardinal
royal gramma
zebra Moray eel
goatfish
checkerboard wrasse
yellow flanked wrasse
flame hawkfish
lyretail anthias
starry blenny
How big is your tank?
You may just need to monitor the tank. He may be ok. I would be ready to remove other fish for being aggressive towards the new fish. If it’s still juvenile it might be able to get along with the other fish in the long run. But you never now. And as the other poster in this thread said fish temperament is subjective.

OP
OP
J

jfingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How big is your tank?
You may just need to monitor the tank. He may be ok. I would be ready to remove other fish for being aggressive towards the new fish. If it’s still juvenile it might be able to get along with the other fish in the long run. But you never now. And as the other poster in this thread said fish temperament is subjective.

Back