Pagoda and some Zoas closed for months

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Pagoda Cup, red/green Zoa, and white zombie eye Zoa have been closed or partially closed for months now. I’ve got around 55 other coral in my 300g who are doing well. I did have issues with some coral starting to show skeleton/dying for a time as I was doing no water change experiments with other nutrient export, but recently did four 33% 100 gallon water changes over the last month, and now all other coral look great, growing back, and growing fast. These particular coral are still closed. Any thoughts? Pics and chemistry below including the eagle eyes Zoa to show that other coral look great.

6990499A-5B0F-49BE-AA7C-49CD85DD48D6.jpeg B1D058B2-752C-4594-BC14-0E39A32B840E.jpeg 6B028251-385B-4F64-AE75-AC5AF05A76AE.jpeg 4E2E3A64-9475-49F8-B2CC-22A61D7CE4BA.jpeg B7CF1049-15A1-4D9C-93CA-CACCA5F856E6.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I’ve had the red green Zoas for almost 2 years and they’ve survived other major tank issues so they’re one of my oldest most resilient coral. Actually they’re the first coral I ever bought.

I've had the Pagoda cup for 1.25 years and it has always looked beautiful until it’s been closed now for like 3 months.

I’ve only had the white zombie eye Zoa for 7 or 8 months and it’s been mostly closed for like 2-3 months. It was growing and splitting before that. In about 4 months it went from 1 to 5 heads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly Bump :) Something to add is that I've been fighting LCA Dinos for like 5 months which many say are lower toxicity, but since my coral were struggling up until recently, I am thinking my very sparse water change experiment + dino toxin buildup? Maybe was what hurt my corals originally. I finally have kind of defeated the LCA dinos with enducing a dino bloom using silica dosing, but after pulling the silica dosing back, now I think I have SCA small cell amphidinium outbreak lol. This is only over last week though.

Again though, everything in tank is bouncing back after bunch of water changes, and some growing faster than ever, but these 3 colonies are still acting very weird with closed, or mostly closed polyps: Pagoda Cup, White Zombie Eye Zoa, Red/Green Zoa (2 separate colonies from original same colony, both colonies same mostly closed up)

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I had a Hygger heater which looked like it might be rusting, but I did ICP test, and I don't think any typical rust metals were up, but if anyone wants to take a peak at my ICP test, some values were high, Lithium, Barium. Iodine was low. Attached PDF

Attachments

• Hawaii 4.0 ICP.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back