Pagoda cup coral-huge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azurel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
7,482
Reaction score
44
Location
Kalamazoo Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted this in the past but just really got a couple good pics that show the size of it.....I got this back in 2003 on my honeymoon down in Florida. It was the size of a softball+ then.

FTS....So you can see it the way it is in the tank...
DSCN1238.jpg


This is a large ice cream bowl( that's what I like to put in it any way) so you can see how big the Pagoda is compared to it. The coral itself is twice as deep as the bowl as well.....

DSCN1239.jpg
 
LOL.....I actually don't feed it direct it gets what ever it get that floats bye......Yea ricordea are not my favorite coral at all....It has I would say tripled in size over the last 5 years now......I will get an updated pic for you guys I think one of the keys is getting the right current over the polyps I have it in med/high flow and direct MH lighting. This thing puts out polyps so long that it almost looks like a Gongi......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new