Paid Apex Programmer Services Needed

Fishbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking for an experienced Apex programmer who can log into my fusion and help me get my system setup. Much of my setup is already complete. I don't have time to spend tons hours trying to learn all the advance stuff on my own. I'd rather get it up and running and learn pieces as I go. I'd be willing to pay ~$50 per hour or some sort flat fee for setup. Please PM me if interested.

I'd like help setting up:
Float switches
24V alarm
Leak detectors alarms
Auto dosing through Trident/DOS (trident setup)
Camera setup
Kalk Stirrer timer
Alarms for common stuff
A few random timers
Feed modes with hard buttons
Light hard buttons
Water change hard button
Vortech programing through WMX w feed mode (upgraded to Mobius now showing missing)

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said you don't want to spend hours figuring it out, but much of what you listed is actually quite simple. I have written a series of tutorials that can give you a quick start.

Here are some specific notes about some items on your list:

Float switches:
1. Name each switch with meaningful names rather than the default "Swx#" names. Input names are limited to 6 characters, so be creative with abbreviations. Example: SumpHi
2. For any device you want to turn off based on a float switch, just add this line of code:

If SumpHi CLOSED Then OFF

For most float switches, CLOSED = high water, OPEN = low water

Leak detectors alarms:
1. Follow the exact same steps as above for the float switches. CLOSED = leak detected, OPEN = no leak
2. To create an alarm notification, add this to your EmailAlm programming:

If Leak1 CLOSED Then ON

Be sure to place your leak detectors on a piece of paper towel to avoid false alarms due to simple humidity. A real leak would saturate the paper towel and trigger the leak sensor.

See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for instructions on properly configuring the notifications.

Auto dosing through Trident/DOS (trident setup):
1. Follow the DOS Setup Task in Fusion to set up the DOS.
2. Follow the Trident Setup Task in Fusion to set up the Trident.
3. Follow the Trident Controlled Dosing Task in Fusion. Also read Neptune's guide for Trident Controlled Dosing.

Kalk Stirrer timer
Post a description of how often and how long you want to stir, and we can provide sample code.

Alarms for common stuff:
See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for several examples.

A few random timers:
Timers are typically created with virtual outputs. Post a description of what you want.

Light hard buttons
Water change hard button

Triggering anything with a button usually involves a virtual output that watches for the button press, then a timer for how long you'd like it to run. Example:

[vFeedButton]
Set OFF
If Button CLOSED Then ON
Min Time 015:00 Then ON

[Powerhead]
Set ON
If Output vFeedButton = ON Then OFF

Vortech programing through WMX w feed mode (upgraded to Mobius now showing missing)
You need to downgrade the Vortech firmware in order to make it compatible again with WXM. See this video for instructions: https://support.ecotechmarine.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049485273-Mobius-Firmware-Rollback-to-ESL-WXM

Here's a link to all of my tutorials: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/

OP
OP
F

Fishbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know you said you don't want to spend hours figuring it out, but much of what you listed is actually quite simple. I have written a series of tutorials that can give you a quick start.

Here are some specific notes about some items on your list:

Float switches:
1. Name each switch with meaningful names rather than the default "Swx#" names. Input names are limited to 6 characters, so be creative with abbreviations. Example: SumpHi
2. For any device you want to turn off based on a float switch, just add this line of code:

If SumpHi CLOSED Then OFF

For most float switches, CLOSED = high water, OPEN = low water

Leak detectors alarms:
1. Follow the exact same steps as above for the float switches. CLOSED = leak detected, OPEN = no leak
2. To create an alarm notification, add this to your EmailAlm programming:

If Leak1 CLOSED Then ON

Be sure to place your leak detectors on a piece of paper towel to avoid false alarms due to simple humidity. A real leak would saturate the paper towel and trigger the leak sensor.

See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for instructions on properly configuring the notifications.

Auto dosing through Trident/DOS (trident setup):
1. Follow the DOS Setup Task in Fusion to set up the DOS.
2. Follow the Trident Setup Task in Fusion to set up the Trident.
3. Follow the Trident Controlled Dosing Task in Fusion. Also read Neptune's guide for Trident Controlled Dosing.

Kalk Stirrer timer
Post a description of how often and how long you want to stir, and we can provide sample code.

Alarms for common stuff:
See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for several examples.

A few random timers:
Timers are typically created with virtual outputs. Post a description of what you want.

Light hard buttons
Water change hard button

Triggering anything with a button usually involves a virtual output that watches for the button press, then a timer for how long you'd like it to run. Example:

[vFeedButton]
Set OFF
If Button CLOSED Then ON
Min Time 015:00 Then ON

[Powerhead]
Set ON
If Output vFeedButton = ON Then OFF

You need to downgrade the Vortech firmware in order to make it compatible again with WXM. See this video for instructions: https://support.ecotechmarine.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049485273-Mobius-Firmware-Rollback-to-ESL-WXM

Here's a link to all of my tutorials: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/
Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to put together all the resources. I'll try and give it a shot and see if I can get it setup.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add, check out Tasks. They can be helpful for some of the stuff you are trying accomplish.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to put together all the resources. I'll try and give it a shot and see if I can get it setup.
I was searching for a previous post I made and this thread came up.

Just following up...Did you get everything worked out and programmed on your Apex?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back