Status
Not open for further replies.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get these all the time on amazon! I didn’t realize people didn’t know paid reviews were a thing, not just ink bird but lots of amazon products

People need to move on to BayIte temp controllers;)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All marketing is shady, which is why everyone needs to research items they plan to purchase. If people leave it solely up to reviewers than its their loss of the product doesn't work to their standards.
You do realize that reading verified purchased reviews IS research right?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it wouldn't be long until the fanboys be like

GIF by MOODMAN
Excited Gravity Falls GIF

If you don't like the topic of the thread, and think it's complaining, stop commenting about it and complaining.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get these all the time on amazon! I didn’t realize people didn’t know paid reviews were a thing, not just ink bird but lots of amazon products
When Amazon tos forbid it and they had a huge campaign to remove all of them, I think consumers Should know it's still going on.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is yes absolutely which is why they are doing it.

I would say MOST people, comparing two products all other things being equal, will purchase the product rated higher by what they assume are their peers.

This marketing is just shady.
I guess I’m just old and cynical .... and mostly immune to marketing it seems. Though my comment was intended partly tongue in cheek (thus the LOL). I have spent much of the last decade teaching my sons ‘critical thinking’ to not be marketing victims and not susceptible to idiotic conspiracy theories (but I guess that’s a different discussion LOL). I did use reviews recently to buy a garden watering can (after filtering out the morons). Unfortunately there’s no W2W forum for me to ask.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

People need to move on to BayIte temp controllers;)

It is not that we dont know they are a thing it is that some of us are dissapointed inkbird sunk to this level. Most mainstream sellers on Amazon have stopped because they do occassionally purge these sellers. If an established company wants to provide products in exchange for reviews Amazon has the Vine program that goes a long way in eliminating the review pumping.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be devil's advocate here... they are NOT requiring anyone to give a positive review to get the product refund. If they are willing to refund you the cost and give you the opportunity to leave an honest review, I don't object. That says they have confidence in their product. I have never used an Inkbird. For that matter, I have yet to use a heater or a controller (Florida - garage sump). Once the DT and sump are both in AC, I'll be looking for one.... and yes, the reviews are important. I think this is one way to get people to use the product and report on it. Otherwise, you are just hoping you can get somebody to leave a review out of the goodness of their heart.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not ever is that research, it's just reviews

So you think companies pay for reviews for no reason? Whether reviews should be used for purchase decisions is another argument(and irrelevant to this one). The fact is much buying decisions are significantly impacted by reviews. Whether you personally classify reading reviews as research is semantics and again irrelevant. Thats like saying reading product specs is not research it is just reading product specs.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the positive hype about inkbird its pretty surprising they would risk their reputation to get some positive reviews. Seems very counter intuitive

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be devil's advocate here... they are NOT requiring anyone to give a positive review to get the product refund. If they are willing to refund you the cost and give you the opportunity to leave an honest review, I don't object. That says they have confidence in their product. I have never used an Inkbird. For that matter, I have yet to use a heater or a controller (Florida - garage sump). Once the DT and sump are both in AC, I'll be looking for one.... and yes, the reviews are important. I think this is one way to get people to use the product and report on it. Otherwise, you are just hoping you can get somebody to leave a review out of the goodness of their heart.
I agree to an extent however, there’s an unsaid implication that the review should be positive because you must first buy the product yourself. If it were me , I’d definitely feel I should leave a good review for fear of not getting reimbursed after leaving a bad one

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haha i so often agree with you, but on this one strongly disagree. As someone who has participated in Amazon's Vine program there are legitimate ways to get your products to relevant consumers in exchange for reviews that does not violate the TOS that sellers agree to.

The problem with saying it is ok if they dont require a 5* is that people want additional free products. The way you do that is giving a 5* so the next time they have a different sku to pump they send you more free product. Those who leave poor reviews dont get invited the next time.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you check out at a Big Box store, look at your receipt ... tell us about your experience and be entered to win $500! They do the same at fast food.... fill out a survey and get a free sandwich. How is this different?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha i so often agree with you, but on this one strongly disagree. As someone who has participated in Amazon's Vine program there are legitimate ways to get your products to relevant consumers in exchange for reviews that does not violate the TOS that sellers agree to.

The problem with saying it is ok if they dont require a 5* is that people want additional free products. The way you do that is giving a 5* so the next time they have a different sku to pump they send you more free product. Those who leave poor reviews dont get invited the next time.
@mdb_talon I can see both sides of this. I have never heard of Vine. I think that there will always be people who work harder to work a system than they do to work hard. I guess I'd just hope that there are more honorable people than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back