Paint between bottom trim and glass a problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jelpin16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jelpin16

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2021
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am in the process of setting up a 75 gallon reef tank and wanted to paint the back black.

I could'nt get a hand turning the tank on its side so I painted it sitting on its stand. I used rustoleum paint and a roller. After applying the first coat I noticed in some spots the trim was not super tight to the glass and some paint dripped down in between the glass and trim.

After noticing this I ran a piece of paper between the glass and trim to try to smooth it out but there are still some distinct drips.

My question is once the tank is full could these drips cause the glass to crack in the future?

I am trying to get a plan together on how to move forward.

Thanks for any help!
 
I purposely fill the gap with as much paint as it will hold - IMO, just one less spot to trap water and for salt creep to begin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new